who did something in their youth but there's not a thread about it yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used to take old furniture that people either set on their porch or in their yard, tie it up to the back of a truck, and drag it down the road doing about 70. Then we would take it back to the house where we found it.

Yep. We did that. In our youth.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I ran track and cross country in High School, 1989 grad.
Had at least 20 tickets(wreckless, careless, speeding, drag racing, running redlights, stop signs, evading) before I was 20. Had my DL suspended once, somehow only once. Use to hang out at the drag strip and street race on E. 72nd street in front of Garbees and on Memorial in front of the Arby's and County Line and 141st between Broken Arrow and Coweta.
Worked about 40 hrs a week to pay for my $1500 a year liability insurance, gas and tires for a 20 year old car! Lol!
Tried to get into the Army, failed medical because I said i had a backache every once in a while.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did alot of those things there is no thread about in my yute.

Only one that I would really talk about was going to the Sheriff vehicle auctions when I was in college. We'd pool our money, buy a cheap beater for 50-100 bucks and take it out into the woods and do our own version of demolition derby.

Dave

T

TheMcs

Oh yeah, i almost did 3 times the posted 45 speed limit( made it to 125mph) down east 71st street in 1989.

I got my pickup to 135 (had a friend in a Z next to me, my speedo only went to 85) on highway 69/75 south of Henryetta. It's a straightaway at a downward angle. About the time I got to 135 the truck started to float, I figured I'd slow down voluntarily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom