Who is your (fictional) hero?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid, I had many as I grew older. Here are my favorite fictional heroes that I can remember from childhood days.

Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuriyakin.
Daniel Boone (TV series version of real person)
SSgt Troy
Superman
The Flash
The Lone Ranger
James T. West
Major Pappy Boyington (TV version of real person...although the real person is also one of my heroes)
Officers Pete Malloy and Jim Reed
James Bond (Sean Connery era)
Sheriff Taylor
Will Robinson
Col. Steve Austin
Capt. James T. Kirk

For today...probably the closest I can think of for ficitional heroes would be:

Deputy US Marshall Raylan Givens

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that Xena's sister? :sunbath:

:spitlaugh Yep ... the illegitimate one ...

Good catch!!

She was the only girl I could think of ... Well, her and WonderWoman ... oh and Batgirl ...

I kinda like Raylan and Dexter too. Bad boys all cleaned up to look like good boys ... *sigh* And no, it does not escape me that they are both JBTs! ;)

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Charley Waite (Open Range)

Hub McCann (Second Hand Lions)
I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and tanks. I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN and loved only one woman with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deadpool son

ai.imgur.com_bnofs.jpg

I'll have some neat Punisher stuff in a bit. He is also my hero.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ron Jeremy! Wait..crap...not fictional...

Nope...just legendary! :thumb:

My fictional hero would probably be Jesse Stone. The character created by the late Robert B. Parker in a series of novels as well as made for TV movies starring our good friend and fellow gun guy, Tom Selleck.

[Broken External Image]

Why you may ask? Simple. Jesse Stone and Robert B. Parker literally taught me how to read. While a kid in school, I NEVER read a book cover to cover unless it was stoked with tons of pictures. I absolutely hated to read. I would just as soon watch grass grow or paint dry.

Then, about 5 or 6 years ago, I saw the CBS movie Stone Cold starring Tom Selleck. After the movie was over, I realized it was based on the RBP novel. So, curiously I went to my local library and checked the book out, never dreaming that I would get hooked immediately.

Since then, I have read almost every book Mr. Parker has ever written. The day he died, I actually cried as if it were my own father passing. He meant that much to me. :cry3:

I'm also a fan of James Patterson, Dean Koontz and James Lee Burke.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two and the first is Superman. I have always wanted to fly and when I get to Heaven that is the second thing I will do and of course the first is worship Jesus.

Second would be Clint Eastwood in the movie Pale Rider. A preacher who is also a gunfighter. How could I not like that.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In addition to lifetime animated role model, Todd:

-Peter Gibbons (Office Space)
-Jeremiah Johnson, Del Gue, Chris Lapp (Jeremiah Johnson)
-Dale Gribble (King of the Hill)

-Lewis Medlock ~ (Deliverance). Freaking amazing character, book and movie.

"I've never been insured in my life. There's no risk."

"Sometimes you have to lose yourself before you can find anything." ( I have a t-shirt with that quote on it.)

"I said fifty MY ASS!"

"We killed a man, Drew. Shot him in the back. A mountain man. A cracker."

"I sleep at night. I have no worries. I am becoming myself, as inconsequential as that may be. I am not something that somebody shoved off on me. I am what I chose to be, and I am it."

"You just push a little more power into Atlanta, a little more air-conditioners for your smug little suburb, and you know whats gonna happen? Were gonna rape this whole god-damned landscape. Were gonna rape it."

Lewis: Machines are gonna fail and the system's gonna fail...then, survival. Who has the ability to survive? That's the game - survive.
Ed: Well, the system's done all right by me.
Lewis: Oh yeah. You gotta nice job, you gotta a nice house, a nice wife, a nice kid.
Ed: You make that sound rather ******, Lewis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom