Whoa, It's Like Nothing Ever Happened

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Inquiring minds want to know if the increase in supply is due to decreased hoarding or increased manufacturing capacity.

If I remember late last year they were pulling 24hr shifts last year at Federal, CCI, etc. I doubt they have let up.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess is that some of the hoarders wives are starting to complain so a few are backing off the purchases. I imagine 30k rounds takes up quite a bit of space in the cabinets would be 60 of the 500 round bulk boxes and a whole lot more space if it's the 100 round plastic slide tops.

Eventually the kids will bust open a box and be tossing them around and then the wife vacuums one up and blows up the good vacuum cleaner, then the husband is in the doghouse living off a few cans of whatever he gets thrown at his head since she now refuses to cook or let him in the house till they thin out most of the hoarded ammo. And we all know that she runs the house, we just get to have an extended visit most of the time. Meanwhile the kids have found they make interesting little firecrackers when tossed in the burn barrel and his idea of making a profit is getting flushed into the cesspool since the wife has determined if he won't clear them out she will.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess is that some of the hoarders wives are starting to complain so a few are backing off the purchases. I imagine 30k rounds takes up quite a bit of space in the cabinets would be 60 of the 500 round bulk boxes and a whole lot more space if it's the 100 round plastic slide tops.

Eventually the kids will bust open a box and be tossing them around and then the wife vacuums one up and blows up the good vacuum cleaner, then the husband is in the doghouse living off a few cans of whatever he gets thrown at his head since she now refuses to cook or let him in the house till they thin out most of the hoarded ammo. And we all know that she runs the house, we just get to have an extended visit most of the time. Meanwhile the kids have found they make interesting little firecrackers when tossed in the burn barrel and his idea of making a profit is getting flushed into the cesspool since the wife has determined if he won't clear them out she will.

Sorry to hear! Hope things get better for you. :comfort:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Creative writing award winner of the day!

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been doing the same and last month I shot at the Oklahoma City and Ponca City clubs. Probably only be shooting at Oklahoma City this month and next month it's possible I will be driving out to my fathers place when the match comes up.

I know the feeling there. I shoot a match down in Alex every month, but it typically coincides with the OKCGC match, so I've only been able to shoot that one once. This month it actually works out that I should be able to shoot at both of them. I can already see my current stock of ammo dropping drastically. Especially if I shoot rifle AND pistol at OKCGC. :-)

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the feeling there. I shoot a match down in Alex every month, but it typically coincides with the OKCGC match, so I've only been able to shoot that one once. This month it actually works out that I should be able to shoot at both of them. I can already see my current stock of ammo dropping drastically. Especially if I shoot rifle AND pistol at OKCGC. :-)
Yeah, last month was about 700 rounds shooting both at OKCGC and PCRPC for me. It was great to do both back to back though. I had about 380 rounds left so grabbing the 555 round box should get me through one match in June and one gun in July if I am here. If I end up taking a drive I will probably be in Phoenix at some point and by stepdaughter has seen buckets hanging around out there.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I, for one, will confess to keeping several 1,000 rounds on hand. Then again, with me, the wife, and 3 kids, when we spend a weekend shooting, we will eat up 1000-1500 rounds easily. And with the scarcity, I want enough on hand to last several weekends.... (The best part is, the wife doesn't complain when there are 5,000-10,000 rounds in cans taking up closet space. :thumbup3:)

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a bunch listed on a facebook group yesterday for $0.055/rd. Also finding a lot for $0.07 and under prices online just from scanning slickguns. BUT, whats going to happen to prices when Hillary gets elected and immediately starts talking about common sense gun laws?

AHhhhhh, no. Quit it. Let us bask in this for a few minutes before we have to accept such a fate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom