Why do some people turn out so stupid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcgee10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long story short. I had a contractor come out to build a fence and it turned out great. Glowing recommendation to another friend. Turns out the contractor took a deposit and never showed. Full of excuses. Okie had the wrong address. Brother died uncle died. Grandfather died. Kudos to the Logan County Sheriff's Dept. One phone call and it looks like he will get his money back. The LCSD was nothing but wonderful to deal with and extremely helpful.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad has been dealing with alot of stuff like this in building his retirement home. Funny how people complain about no work, but nobody wants to work. They come and make a bid, then excuses roll in or they want money up front and never finish, etc etc etc. Makes no sense.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, ya just never know with contractors. I have seen the same thing happen. A lot less likely with licensed contractors though, but it still happens with them too

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long story short. I had a contractor come out to build a fence and it turned out great. Glowing recommendation to another friend. Turns out the contractor took a deposit and never showed. Full of excuses. Okie had the wrong address. Brother died uncle died. Grandfather died. Kudos to the Logan County Sheriff's Dept. One phone call and it looks like he will get his money back. The LCSD was nothing but wonderful to deal with and extremely helpful.
The irony of this thread title followed by these writings....sheesh

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A conversation. Me, a deposit. What ?
Guy, to get you on the schedule.
Me, uh, no!
Guy, well, I have to materials.
Me, ok order them and ill pay for them when they arrive in my name.
Guy, I don't do it that way.
Me, ok. Sorry I wasted your time. Have a good day.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh chit you got me started, we're remodeling our home.. I work 5 days a week, 10 hours daily with travel time and decided I did not want to do the 2 bathrooms.. So I had contactors come out and bid, well I picked a 60 year old man that claimed he had 25 yrs experience and a butt load of pretty pictures.. It starts with his help a typical millennial, ;-) We have roughly 300 yards of rock drive way and where does he wash out the mortar pans ? You guessed it in the F**king yard.. So bath 1 has a stall shower he tiled, uneven galore, he blames it on the old house, I reamed his ___, I'll do better on 2 he says, mean while he lost hardware for the new light fan fixture, when he found it, it was if he was looking for praise.. Biting my tongue.. I get in to take a shower and he didn't clock the shower handle correctly so it was a cold shower.. SOB.. The 2nd bath he screwed up the poles on the light switches, I fixed, 4th of July weekend and company is coming and we have sewage coming up in the bathtub, when the new tub was installed apparently debris made it down the drain, On purpose ? I borrowed a cable snake that was not tough enough and ended up having to buy the flat band type.. Lets not stop there the grout in the floor was cracking and crumbling.. I got him back out to fix and last words out of his mouth was I'll bet your glad to see me go, You might guess my reply :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom