Why do you carry a revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thankfully I’ve never been in a gun fight but this makes me wonder for those that have (and not in a military setting). Just how many rounds did you expend? Lots of videos online, for instance the thread we have going right now where that “idiot” cop (an exception I know) did a mag dump into the back of a car because an acorn fell and made a noise. Fool didn’t have a clue what he was shooting at.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will occasionally carry a S&W 637 with their “enhanced trigger”. Carried less once I got a Remington RM380. But I will carry because of size and it shoots really well.

On my nightstand, I have a 5” S&W 625 (along with a CMMG Banshee with two 33 round mags). While all my pistols are 100% reliable and I would bet my life on them, that big revolver is very comforting.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some older folks with arthritis cannot rack a slide on a pistol, so revolver is the best option.
This! 👆👆Cousins wife has carpal tunnel. She carries a .22LR Revo. It's the only pistol she can fire without recoil that causes great pain in her hand.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the Country, the Revolver is King. Bigger caliber availability, better accuracy, simplicity without worrying too much about it getting dirty and when I have my J frame while fishing I have birdshot for snakes as well. For more of an EDC, I could see many people with limitations carrying a .22 as it takes out the negative of rimfire.

Plus, they're cool...I want a Smith 43C

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also believe that modern revolvers are safer than most autos. Plus they don't require a manual safety.

stare-finger.gif

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several Model 60 Smiths, Model 36 Smiths, Model 642 Smiths, pocket guns ankle guns and coat and car guns what's not to like.

Nothing like a sweet Smith trigger pull or a tuned 1911 trigger.

No need to reload a J frame Smith just carry 2 or 3 of em. Most civilian gun fights only last 2-3 rounds anyway

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom