Why haven't you tried some competitive shooting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(I know how much allot of yall dislike it) But I have always really wanted to get into the Olympic style shooting. Iv already got 9 years of volunteer work behind me, now i need to start shooting.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot at OKCGC USPSA match today. Great weather, fun stages, lots of shooting, and of course I sucked, but had a good time :)

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't tried it yet because the IPSC matches at TCGC are on Sundays during church. Seems like a dumb time to have a tournament if you ask me

There are matches on Saturdays and Sunday nights too. Tri City likely uses Sundays because they have to shut down a large part of their range in order to hold the matches. If they shot them in Saturday it would affect a lot more club members. The good need is that they are talking about adding more shooting bays that wouldn't require them to close the rifle range for matches. So maybe try will switch to Saturdays. Can shout at H&H or heartland Sunday nights. Or OKC gun club in Saturday.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(I know how much allot of yall dislike it) But I have always really wanted to get into the Olympic style shooting. Iv already got 9 years of volunteer work behind me, now i need to start shooting.

Olympic style shooting is great if that's your thing. Action shooting is just more dynamic which tends to get the blood pumping a little more than bullseye type shooting in which keeping the heart rate low is better.

Any match or competition is better than no match at all. It's all about getti g off the couch and getting on the range with your buddy's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom