Why haven't you tried some competitive shooting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've thought about getting out to one of these someday. I think it'd be a blast. Then I moved towns, got married, and bought a house :( Things have just been really busy for me.

And now I'm in Tulsa, where I don't know many/any other shooters, and I haven't been to a range in two months. I'd enjoy even getting out and shooting paper.

And I have a new rifle courtesy of the wife that I need to zero in...haven't been out to USSA yet. And I have a lower and a LPK that I haven't put together yet (still need to go buy some punches).

If punches are all that is holding you back, bring your parts over to Fat Boy Tactical and we'll let you borrow our shop and tools to assemble the lower.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ryanncass really got me interested in giving rimfire matches a shot, it's something that I really would like to get into with my son. The problem is finding the time to do it.

We shoot quite a bit here at the house - I have never shot at a "real" range before.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ryanncass really got me interested in giving rimfire matches a shot, it's something that I really would like to get into with my son. The problem is finding the time to do it.

We shoot quite a bit here at the house - I have never shot at a "real" range before.

I kinda know what your saying.

But, what one has to do, is just say screw the little chores, and get out there to shoot. Do it once or twice and see how you schedule is amazingly readjusted.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If punches are all that is holding you back, bring your parts over to Fat Boy Tactical and we'll let you borrow our shop and tools to assemble the lower.

There ya go brother! Lots of good folks willing to help get you started shooting some matches.

I got a few PM's from some folks. Looks like 2-3 guys are going to be hitting the next match at Heartland with us. Who else is in?

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is awesome. Jesse got me started shooting "organized shooting events" by pretty much forcing me to come to Heartland and shoot my first match a couple years ago. I really never thought I would get into it as much as him and some of my other buddies but I just finished building my 3-gun rifle and will be shooting my second 3-gun match this weekend at OKCGC.

The one thing I can't stress enough is that NOBODY WILL LAUGH AT YOU! Shooters are the best people in the world, hands down! Go have fun and ask a lot of questions. I still ask questions and still have a lot to learn, but that doesn't stop me.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been to the Heartland Matches a couple of times. Personally I don't like them. For people that suffer from ADD, which I do, I find the matches to be too complicated. Instead of focusing on my shooting skills I found I was more concerned with trying to remember exactly how many times I was supposed to shoot from each position. Just wasn't fun. For someone with better concentration skills I could see where they'd enjoy it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom