Why one cop carries 145 rounds of ammo on the job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why did he only have 47 rounds to begin with? First magazine went dry after 13? It should have been 13+1 first, then 2x13 and 10+1 in the G26. That's 51 rounds. It looks like all his mags were downloaded 1 round.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In afterthought, it's pretty clear that a better response would have to been to run the shooter down with his car, rather than engaging through the window; as the officer points out, though, in the stress of the situation, that didn't even occur to him.

What can we do in training to help develop the ability to look for other options? What can we do in the future to help would-be victims make better tactical decisions under the stress of being shot at?

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That Doc seemed like a complete idjit! ----- "At one point Gramins heard a doctor exclaim, “We may as well stop. Every bag of blood we give him ends up on the floor. This guy’s like Swiss cheese. Why’d that cop have to shoot him so many times!”

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am thinking about a short barreled .44 magnum. If someone like that can take 6 hits to vital areas with a .45 and keep cming at you, they can take 6 hits with a 9mm and keep coming at you. I saw a .44 magnum explode a bullet proof vest, I'm not kidding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom