Why People Reject Conspiracy Theories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never said that stuff about being powerless, no friends, etc. But there's a big difference between "seeing someone else's side" and making wild crap up based on things you barely understand and claiming to be enlightened about it.

You lost me, but I am a CT, so thats apparently pretty easy to achieve.

sooo... everything we have read on CT here gets made up from the OPs minds?

My imagination isnt close that good to make up the "crap" that I read.

What is this I barely understand? Please enlighten me on this subject that I so try to enlighten people about?

Have Blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a real easy expalnation why I don't believe in Conspiracy Theories.

I've been to the the DMV and have seen our governement in action.

They couldn't pull it off. And if they were somehow able to pull it off, they wouldn't be able to keep it a secret.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a real easy expalnation why I don't believe in Conspiracy Theories.

I've been to the the DMV and have seen our governement in action.

They couldn't pull it off. And if they were somehow able to pull it off, they wouldn't be able to keep it a secret.

le golf of tonkin refutes your claim.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is not that conspiracies can't exist - they can and sometimes do - the problem is that conspiracy theorists tend to hold that lots of conspiracies are being executed simultaneously. Due a dearth of real evidence (versus mere conclusions/assumptions made on partial evidence) I can only conclude that while some CTs may be correct the big problem is separating the wheat from the chaff among them.

You know, if a person I trusted and knew to be level-headed and knowledgable came to me with a concern and with significant eveidence I would at least allow that something might be going on. But many CT-ers seem very willing to give credence to any/every theory on very flimsy and sometimes virtually non-existant evidence so the credibility of the person(s) raising the suspicions does factor in as well.

Bottom Line is that while I do not rule out the possibility of certain CTs, they simply generally lack compelling evidence, to someone who isn't already convinced of the Theory in advance, and to be held mostly by people who hold lots of other theories - thus they appear not evidence driven but ideologically driven.

Latest posts

Top Bottom