Wife is interested in smaller gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
let her go and shoot whatever she wants and pick what she likes. If she don't like it, she won't carry it.[/QUOTE

This. NAA .22 revolver is awfully smalll but will go bang. Lots a small .22 semi-autos are malfunction prone...and a .25? I'd rather have a sharp stick, myself.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a buddy get shot in the mouth with a 25. It knocked out his tooth, but did not go through the skin. He spit the bullet out. He was shot from about 3 feet away. I am not saying that a 25 will not kill, but it changed my thinking on one.

HA! It would have been perfect if he'd have spit it out and then shrugged his shoulders and puffed out his chest like Superman and said "that all ya got?"

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a buddy get shot in the mouth with a 25. It knocked out his tooth, but did not go through the skin. He spit the bullet out. He was shot from about 3 feet away. I am not saying that a 25 will not kill, but it changed my thinking on one.

Have you guys looked at some of the North American Arms Revolvers and Pistols. They have a decent line of small revolvers and a compact pistol called the Guardian. The 22mag revolver is small and will give you a little more kick than a 22lr.

i was shot with a 25 and didn't know it until i was told there was blood dripping out of my leg

let her go and shoot whatever she wants and pick what she likes. If she don't like it, she won't carry it.[/QUOTE

This. NAA .22 revolver is awfully smalll but will go bang. Lots a small .22 semi-autos are malfunction prone...and a .25? I'd rather have a sharp stick, myself.

The 25acp has about 65ft-lbs of energy. My friend was shot at by one and it stuck in his windsheild, on the other hand the 22. mag has over 300 ft lbs of energy, check out the NAA 22 mags

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might as well get her one of those kimber pepper blasters if she is wanting a 22. A 22 is just going to piss someone off, you might as well get her something that will disable someone long enough for her to run away. as said above, 22s are malfunction prone. Even more so after its been carried for a while with a year or two worth of lint and other crap getting inside. It may pop off that first time but I doubt it would again.. Now have mad bad guy you just shot with a big bb gun.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might as well get her one of those kimber pepper blasters if she is wanting a 22. A 22 is just going to piss someone off, you might as well get her something that will disable someone long enough for her to run away. as said above, 22s are malfunction prone. Even more so after its been carried for a while with a year or two worth of lint and other crap getting inside. It may pop off that first time but I doubt it would again.. Now have mad bad guy you just shot with a big bb gun.

Look how pissed off James Brady got after he was shot with a .22

Latest posts

Top Bottom