Wife is interested in smaller gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has been looking at all types of handguns. She really likes the Ruger LCP and would like something even smaller for a pocket pistol. I really want to make sure she carries it rather than sticking it in a purse or leaving it at home. She had a friend the other day mention she is always carrying a .25

Now my wife is interested in moving to a .22 .22LR or .25 I was hoping to bump her from the LCP to the LC9 so the ammo would be cheaper but I guess moving down to those smaller calibers would lessen that price too.

What do you folks think? I know making sure she'll like to practice, carry it, and placement is most important but would is it crazy to go that small?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a buddy get shot in the mouth with a 25. It knocked out his tooth, but did not go through the skin. He spit the bullet out. He was shot from about 3 feet away. I am not saying that a 25 will not kill, but it changed my thinking on one.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a buddy get shot in the mouth with a 25. It knocked out his tooth, but did not go through the skin. He spit the bullet out. He was shot from about 3 feet away. I am not saying that a 25 will not kill, but it changed my thinking on one.

First of all...how in the world did this happen?

My mom is a small woman and she carries a little Kel Tec .32 auto and really likes it but I agree with everyone else, rent a few guns and see what feels the best to her.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
man, personally i would not go any smaller than a .380 if she likes it. a box of .25 cost about $24 and .380 about $19.

sure, a .22 if fun and comfortable to shoot, but is she carrying a gun? for fun or protection.

i don't think cost of ammo should be considered when one is choosing which caliber/gun to use for self protection.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you guys looked at some of the North American Arms Revolvers and Pistols. They have a decent line of small revolvers and a compact pistol called the Guardian. The 22mag revolver is small and will give you a little more kick than a 22lr.

Latest posts

Top Bottom