Will TCSO enforce court custody order?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is some advice from someone who went thru this years ago.

Document, Document, Document...!!!

Don't do anything important verbally, if you do record the conversation. otherwise use text messages or email. The save those and print off copies for court. now as soon as you can have your attorney file a contempt order and get her served ASAP. Sadly, unless your attorney asks for an emergency hearing this will take months to get sorted out. Provided you have not done anything to push the issue then the judge will probably drop the hammer on her for not following the word and order of the court.

Don't say anything negative in front of the child/children, keep it civil as that will come up in court as well. I will say this, I stayed cool the entire time and once I had my day in front of the judge and watched her tear my daughters mom in front of all of us in the court room it was almost impossible to get the smile off of my face afterwards. Though I get screwed in the end as my kids mom played the "I'm too poor to pay for anything" card so I got stuck with all of the bills and she only had to pay me back 10% of my attorney fees because my wife and I do very well and my daughters mom doesn't ever work and leaches off of society.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my 2c worth from my days as an officer.

A divorce and child custody are both civil matters. The officers will not take any action without a specific court order. They deal primarily with criminal and traffic laws.

I've had many a divorce decree shoved in my face with one or both parties screaming at me. The only thing I could do is prevent them from harming each other and advise them to contact their attorneys and get a court order. Yes, a divorce decree is a court order, but an officer without a specific order order from a judge can not enforce anything in it.

Also be aware that if a protective order is filed and served it may affect any guns, possession or SDA. It's been my experience (three marriages and divorces) that the courts also favor the female party in most of these issues and the best thing you can do is get legal help and do absolutely nothing to inflame the issues more then they are.

Good luck.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks....
Never served. It has been combined with the divorce case. Hope to resolve in mediation today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom