Woman rips off 1.5 million dollars worth of chicken wings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Bond was set at $150,000 Thursday for a Dolton woman accused of stealing over $1.5 million of food - primarily chicken wings....."
"Between July 2020 and February 2022, prosecutors said Liddell placed hundreds of unauthorized orders for food items, including 11,000 cases of chicken wings, through the school district's main supplier, ....."

Ok, let's do some math....
Total value stolen was $1.5 million.
11,000 cases of chicken wings.
She worked July 2020 to Feb 2022, for a total of 20 months.

$1.5 million dollars for 11,000 cases of chicken wings, comes to $136.36/case.
These must have been large boxes. 45 lb cases (if bought at $3/lb)
Even larger boxes if bought at bulk rate.

11,000 cases of wings, if evenly distributed over time, is 550 cases per month.
(137 cases per week, or 27 cases per day x 5 days/wk).

$1.5 million dollars stolen over 20 months = $75k per month.
That's a large loss in the school budget to not be obviously noticed.

Summary:
So these were LARGE cases (40-50lbs/each), 27 cases stolen per work-day (M-F), for 1.5 years straight.
Wow.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So these were LARGE cases (40-50lbs/each), 27 cases stolen per work-day (M-F), for 1.5 years straight.
And according to Steve Lehto's video, the school district doesn't even serve chicken wings, apparently because the bones are choking hazards. It went unnoticed until they were facing a budget shortfall and ran a mid-year audit.

Sounds like a school district needs to up their auditing standards.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crook county, no more has to be said. Grew up there, started my first real job there in the 70’s during Operation Greylord. An fbi sting in the court system. Cops, lawyers, judges etc they ALL went to prison.

Two years? Somebody was getting a kickback somewhere to cover it up. Follow the case, nothing will happen to her. No restitution, no prison time, not even an apology…

Regards,

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a butcher for the old Humpty Dumpty Grocery chain back in the 70's-80's- when I first started, we still cut up chickens at the store. We cut parts and packed some whole bird cut up. We could hardly sell the wings and they were marked down to 9 cents a pound. I kind of got hooked on them because they were so cheap, and I was married at 20 with a wife in college, and I spent what was left on reloading supplies. I laugh a lot on how popular wings have become and run $2-$3 a pound now. Funny what we use to put no value on that now gets you time in jail if you rip them off.
I grew up working weekends, and summers, with my dad as a meat cutter, then for a few years when I first got married. I worked In union shops which was a good paying occupation back in 60's/70's, not so much now. Amazing what a little creatve marketing can do!! A researcher, collage professor, in Arkansas was trying to crerat a breed of chicken that was well suited fort commersial perpouses, one that would yield more meat ,faster. He noticed that drumsticks seemed to be the most popular part of the chicken back then, just after WW2, when commerisial chicken production was getting started in this area. he bread a three legged chicken, to meet this need, Although this seemed on first glance to be a great idea, it failed miserably! These things were able to run so fast, no one could catch them! To this day down in the Ozarks, near Russellville, there are unconfirmed sighting of WILD three legged chickens ZOOMING across the roads! They are so fast no one has been able to even get a photo of one!

Latest posts

Top Bottom