World War Z!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nearly dozed off 3 separate times.

My only hope was possibly seeing Dale with a rifle on top of the Winnebago they carjacked to escape the city with, but Dale never showed.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a lot of fun. You guys that compare movies to books make me laugh. The movie NEEDS to be different from the book. No movie will ever live up to your imagination. The book is post WWZ, the movie is about the beginning. Sheesh.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a lot of fun. You guys that compare movies to books make me laugh. The movie NEEDS to be different from the book. No movie will ever live up to your imagination. The book is post WWZ, the movie is about the beginning. Sheesh.

They changed China to Korea (or some other Asian country) for patient zero, they came up with a "cure" that was never in the book, and they made the zombies run. That fundamentally changes what the book was about and therefore negates the point of them using the title of the book for the movie. Call it Zombie Apocalypse or something, but don't ruin a good book by using it's title.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loved it. It captured much of mystery and the story of the struggle to survive that the book used. Good story, good effects.

Don't care that it didn't echo the book...the book was unexecutable as a movie since it was largely a collection of vignettes and a post-event investigation, ten years after.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have heard nothing but good things about the movie. I have read the Zombie Survival guide ( good for preppers) and World War Z and they were both great books.

I try not to give too much money to Hollywood since way too many of them are anti-gun. I have heard Brad Pitt is not anti-gun though.

I will watch as soon as its out on video

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They changed China to Korea (or some other Asian country) for patient zero, they came up with a "cure" that was never in the book, and they made the zombies run. That fundamentally changes what the book was about and therefore negates the point of them using the title of the book for the movie. Call it Zombie Apocalypse or something, but don't ruin a good book by using it's title.

I agree with you, though I don't think the book would translate well into a movie. That said, I liked it for the most part. I do wish they would STOP MAKING PG-13 HORROR MOVIES!!

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is not a cure, were you not paying any attention at all?

Sorry, friend who saw it said it was a cure. It was a vaccine that made it easy to kill them according to Wikipedia. The only "vaccine" in the book was a rabies vaccine that was mass marketed as a vaccine against the disease but didn't work. One guy in the book made a fortune marketing a fake vaccine called Phalanx.

Latest posts

Top Bottom