Would like some help with toilet please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree... looks like the valve itself is leaking but that whole thing is easily replaced. You'll be a toilet fixin' guru in just a few minutes and feel like superman. Make sure the wife thinks it was really difficult and required lots of skill so you can get treated like the king of the house that you are.

See above. Also make sure you don't screw it up and wife has to use a bucket until you get a plumber out...or you'll be the king of the garage.

MISph1t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be happy to share some of my favorite cuss words that go well with toilet repair. Seriously, looks like a busted ballcock valve. Easy, cheap fix.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can replace the entire guts of the toilet for like $30 so go to Lowe's and get a replacement kit and a roll of Teflon tape, tape the threads of anything you put together, follow directions, thats those papers that come with the kit, they are not important if you have done it a million times like I have but for a first time toilet repairman READ THE DIRECTIONS (Just don't get caught by the wife reading anything. In fact you may want to stop on the way home to read them, then throw them away so your wife thinks you are a real plumbing genius)

Latest posts

Top Bottom