Wreck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you’re safe. A friend of a friend lost a leg by changing a tire for some lady on the side of the road.
Agree it was probably texting and driving. The law needs to crack down on this somehow
In today’s anti-police society, it’s getting hard to find cops willing to do the job. I see lots of flagrant violations on the roadways everyday that would not go unnoticed ten years ago.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Someone told me that repair shops are having a very hard time finding replacement parts and the insurance company will total a vehicle because of the extra costs and time to repair what may not have been totaled in the past.
Glad you’re ok Tony. I work with a guy that has a 2020 z71. He hit a deer last week and needs a fender and a bedside. Shop told him it could be months before they get the parts.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, it's totaled. If the frame isn't too messed up, you "might" buy it back as salvage and put a new bed on the thing. But if you are like me, you have enough to do and it isn't worth the effort. Get a new truck out of the deal, you deserve it!

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neighbor got hit in a vehicle she had for a month and with the prices of used vehicles going up and up the insurance paid 3500 more than what she paid for it.

Win.
It’s good until she tries to replace it. Hopefully the $3,500 covers the inflated cost of the replacement.

Used car average prices have gone up almost 30% in the last year. That means if I bought a $30,000 vehicle last year, it would cost me $39,000 this year to replace it. A $9,000 increase!?!

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s good until she tries to replace it. Hopefully the $3,500 covers the inflated cost of the replacement.

Used car average prices have gone up almost 30% in the last year. That means if I bought a $30,000 vehicle last year, it would cost me $39,000 this year to replace it. A $9,000 increase!?!
Anyone seeing insurance renewals lately? I didn't notice a big change when mine renewed 9 months ago. Curious if others are getting dinged at renewal?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m with Amica and the premiums actually dropped about 11% with no changes to coverages. The policy renews every 6 months. The next renewal is 1/1/22.
Full Coverage is on 2-2017 vehicles and a 2008 Jeep. And I have high liability coverages.

Anyone seeing insurance renewals lately? I didn't notice a big change when mine renewed 9 months ago. Curious if others are getting dinged at renewal?

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m with Amica and the premiums actually dropped about 11% with no changes to coverages. The policy renews every 6 months. The next renewal is 1/1/22.
Full Coverage is on 2-2017 vehicles and a 2008 Jeep. And I have high liability coverages.
That's weird. I wonder if there were fewer wrecks from covid that offset the presumably higher values being paid out on claims now?

Hope mine does that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom