You know what they say about 1911s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meanwhile I have a plain jane RIA that never fails to fire. Many times people customize a firearm and make it worse. I have seen that with 1911s, Glocks, ARs, even an AK.
I paid $375 for the Turkish version of the 1911, and as long as I use decent quality magazines, it works flawlessly. That was supposed to leave me $2625 for reloading components, but BLM riots, Covid, and inflation.

must add that I couldn't tell you if Glocks are good guns or not. Never been attracted to plastic in either women or guns.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, the difference between a Glock and a Colt 1911 is the same as the difference between;

Attachments

• 1664813159925.png
    1664813159925.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 0

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before I can take a statement like this seriously, I have to hear the rest of the story. The term “custom“ gets thrown around a lot on gun forums. Was the gun built by a professional pistolsmith or did Bubba swap out some part on the kitchen table? What mags were being used? What ammo was being used?
It was a nighthawk. Winchester ball ammo. They said it has a break in period

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a nighthawk. Winchester ball ammo. They said it has a break in period
That’s a fact. All the semi custom 1911 builders recommend a break in process. I bought a second hand Wilson that had less than 100 rounds through it, and it wouldn’t reliably feed a complete magazine. I locked the slide back for two days and bought some WC mags for it, and it then ran like a Singer sewing machine.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you’ve evidently formed yours on extenuating circumstance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom