YOU THERE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's amazing what showing up on someone's doorstep can get results. A few years back, I had two new axles ordered for our RV that didn't have what they call the "Neverlube" bearings. The guy ordered them (after I paid in advance) but every time I called to see when he would be over to put them on, he never showed, even after telling me he would "be there on such-and-such day."

So, I did some research and found out where he lived. Wife and I drove over there one day and knocked on his door. His wife answered the door and I explained who I was and why I was there. As it turned out, he was also a sheriff's deputy and had just gone to bed after his shift. But she got him out to talk to me. I even explained to him that he hadn't even notified me that he had actually received the axles, and he offered to take me over to show them to me.

Long story shortened, he was out within about a week to install the new axles.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day when gas station attendants washed your windows and checked your oil while getting gas, we were getting our fuel behind a car when their door opened and an ashtray full of butts was dumped on the ground.
The attendant never said a word, just got a dust pan and broom, swept them up and placed them on the back seat floorboard.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda sorta the same but different............I'm kinda of a yard nazi and keep my yard as near perfect as l can. About 10 years ago every evening when l got home there was a pint plastic vodka bottle thrown out in my front yard. Every freakin night this happens so when I'm on vacation I'm sitting in the garage in my Yukon waiting for the ass hole and sure enough a beat to **** Cadillac convertible cones around the corner and out flys empty the vodka bottle so l pick it up and follow the beater thru 2 neighborhoods until he pulls into a house that looks like the car. I pulled up into the front yard and when he waddled over towards the Yukon l bailed out with the vodka bottle and told him in no uncertain words if I ever found another vodka bottle in my yard I would cover his yard in horsesh!t and loads of concrete and kick his sorry fat ass.........never had another empty vodka bottle thrown in my yard again.
If the punishment is severe enough, you can change the behavior.

Latest posts

Top Bottom