Your cell phone is listening to you when it is OFF!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife was talking with daughter-in-law about something and next time she tuned he phone on and got on a sight she had adds about the same thing she was discussing with DIL.

I researched that today not doubting it at all.
Found it is probably fact.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/your-smartphone-listening-or-coincidence/

1 more reason i do not want to ever have a cell phone..Not like I am hiding anything.
That is just too much.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The is a lot of discussion about voice activated devices listening and sharing information and privacy issues.

I’ve also noticed that when I look search for something on a website, that the same item frequently shows up on Facebook.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And one day the wifi will dictate how many lights you can have on, how warm or cold your house is, how much water you can use, etc.etc.etc. Just as soon as the green new deal passes and AOC becomes dictator.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not just searches. The other day my wife texted me asking which granola bars I wanted. I answered. About an hour later I got pop up ads for the same brand granola bars I'd written her about. Prior to that, I had never seen ads for that product. Lasted about a day, they stopped, haven't appeared again.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not just searches. The other day my wife texted me asking which granola bars I wanted. I answered. About an hour later I got pop up ads for the same brand granola bars I'd written her about. Prior to that, I had never seen ads for that product. Lasted about a day, they stopped, haven't appeared again.
Yep. People don't realize that they pretty much give blanket permissions when the use apps on their phones. Just click-click-click-YAY!!! I can post my boring life to Instacrap now!

Latest posts

Top Bottom