A Public Service Announcement for bicyclists.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiImSeth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, what a ********* cyclist. Probably should've calmly rolled up to him and just asked him what his problem was as he was clearly in the wrong.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do what I do and pull in front of them and go 1 mph and block there attempt to pass you by throwing on your turn signal. For real fun slam on the breaks and have them hit you!!!

That's kind of douchey, no offense, as well as illegal and obviously potentially very dangerous and even deadly.

I have respect for cyclists, it's one of the most enjoyable forms of exercise in my opinion. Whether they're doing it for exercise, enjoyment, or it's their only mode of transportation, they need to be approached with respect and caution. And even though I'm pro-cyclist, I'll admit I can sometimes get irritated with them blocking traffic, despite how far right they're trying to ride. I'll never take it out on them, though, it's not their fault 99% of our roads are not bicycle-friendly.

As far as the cyclist in the OP's story, that dude sounds like a jerk off and unfortunately for the biking crowd, disregard for the law seems to be pretty common, but his attitude towards the OP is mostly contained to the minority. In my experiences.

I was in the passenger seat of my brother's Jeep a few months back and we were the first car in the right lane at a red light. We were making a right turn and had several cars behind us. He waited for traffic to clear before turning right (light was still red) but halfway through the turn we hear something bang up against the side of his truck. We look over and it was a bicyclist who was too important to wait like everyone else and decided to ride past the cars behind us and make a right turn without stopping or looking and we ended up hitting him. He kept his balance, but hopefully he learned a lesson that day because that could have turned out a LOT worse than him just shatting his pants.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
generally speaking anything that's over 1 ton and moves over 30mph is gonna need insurance.

your shoes don't need insurance and your bicycle shouldn't either

Great... you let the genie out of the bottle now. Some brilliant lawmaker will be proposing a bill to tax and insure shoes now.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had this crazy pedestrian lady throw a rock at my vehicle yesterday and hit it! She's in jail now. Crazy pedestrians! I hate crazy pedestrians!!!

And yes, that's a true story.

It's a felony to throw objects at moving vehicles as this lady very well, now knows. Although she was crazy so maybe she doesn't know it. I dunno.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's kind of douchey, no offense, as well as illegal and obviously potentially very dangerous and even deadly.

I have respect for cyclists, it's one of the most enjoyable forms of exercise in my opinion. Whether they're doing it for exercise, enjoyment, or it's their only mode of transportation, they need to be approached with respect and caution. And even though I'm pro-cyclist, I'll admit I can sometimes get irritated with them blocking traffic, despite how far right they're trying to ride. I'll never take it out on them, though, it's not their fault 99% of our roads are not bicycle-friendly.

As far as the cyclist in the OP's story, that dude sounds like a jerk off and unfortunately for the biking crowd, disregard for the law seems to be pretty common, but his attitude towards the OP is mostly contained to the minority. In my experiences.

I was in the passenger seat of my brother's Jeep a few months back and we were the first car in the right lane at a red light. We were making a right turn and had several cars behind us. He waited for traffic to clear before turning right (light was still red) but halfway through the turn we hear something bang up against the side of his truck. We look over and it was a bicyclist who was too important to wait like everyone else and decided to ride past the cars behind us and make a right turn without stopping or looking and we ended up hitting him. He kept his balance, but hopefully he learned a lesson that day because that could have turned out a LOT worse than him just shatting his pants.

Seems like the Danny Tanner I know would stop, get out, and offer to put one in his hip, not worrying about people learning lessons and such. Where's that Danny? What happened to him?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like the Danny Tanner I know would stop, get out, and offer to put one in his hip, not worrying about people learning lessons and such. Where's that Danny? What happened to him?

Indeed. Tanner, it's like you've just given up. Wife and child, rectangular thing above your bourgeois sofa that you call art. What happened?
Where'd it all go wrong?

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The appelate process will drag on for years before she finally gets the needle.

"Rock" doesn't lend the object enough credibility... It was more like a baseball sized "boulder." :) The lady is/was crazy... A vagrant strolling the downtown area and thought my truck looked like a nice target I guess.

Either way, I'm out $250 for my deductible and the no fault claim.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Rock" doesn't lend the object enough credibility... It was more like a baseball sized "boulder." :) The lady is/was crazy... A vagrant strolling the downtown area and thought my truck looked like a nice target I guess.

Either way, I'm out $250 for my deductible and the no fault claim.

Dude, that sucks. I think she learned a very expensive lesson.

Danny, as for that particular douche acting douchy and being in the minority, I tend to think that Edmond drivers fill the majority of douchyness whether they are driving a car, on a bicycle, riding a camel, etc. They're just plain RUDE nowadays!

Latest posts

Top Bottom