A Public Service Announcement for bicyclists.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had this crazy pedestrian lady throw a rock at my vehicle yesterday and hit it! She's in jail now. Crazy pedestrians! I hate crazy pedestrians!!!

And yes, that's a true story.

It's a felony to throw objects at moving vehicles as this lady very well, now knows. Although she was crazy so maybe she doesn't know it. I dunno.

You should have stopped and gave her one of these.

Last edited by a moderator:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Rock" doesn't lend the object enough credibility... It was more like a baseball sized "boulder." :) The lady is/was crazy... A vagrant strolling the downtown area and thought my truck looked like a nice target I guess.

Either way, I'm out $250 for my deductible and the no fault claim.

Holy cow!

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Rock" doesn't lend the object enough credibility... It was more like a baseball sized "boulder." :) The lady is/was crazy... A vagrant strolling the downtown area and thought my truck looked like a nice target I guess.

Either way, I'm out $250 for my deductible and the no fault claim.

That same $250 deductible would have paid for the big dent in the door. " From when it flew open and hit her." I still think you should have gave her a tombstone.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If cyclists are going to act like douches, then they should all get together in their douche club, and go for a 20-person douche group-ride down the busy main street and not pull over to allow the 2 miles of backed-up traffic pass them. ...In fact, if they're professional douche's, then they should do this immediately after a major game gets out.
The big-league professional ones, get's their own thread on OSA!

That would be awesome.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I normally try to hit any cyclist that I see, but this morning, there was a pack of them crossing 16th, going north, on the I-44 access road. They stopped at the stop sign. I waved on the others so they could all stick together. They waved a "thank you" to me, smiling politely. Most of them had a fair amount of grey hair.

Maybe it's not cyclists, per say. Maybe it's mostly younger on bikes that are the main douches. Young ....

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on the access road along I-35 and 33rd St. in Edmond. I stop at the stop sign where 33rd goes over the highway. Two bicyclists approaching the intersection on my left but they are still around 25 yds. from the stop sign. I start to go, one of the guys starts to slow down and throws up his hands at me like I'm an idiot so I slam on the brakes thinking somethings wrong and he can't stop or something just trying to be safe, and this jerk runs the stop sign, yells at me and flips me the bird. Considering I'm in a Dodge pickup truck and he's on a little aluminum bike flipping people off just willy nilly, this guy has some cajones, I'll give him that. On my way home I'm thinking, "Maybe I'm wrong but when I was a kid, the police came to my school and said that I have to obey the traffic laws also." So I look it up:

Bicyclists must obey all traffic control devices and signs, as a motor vehicle operator would.
(Title 47 § 11-201)

So if you're one of these snooty types of cyclists that think you have the right-of-way just because you're more healthy than I am or you're saving the environment or whatever... believe me, a TRUCK trumps a BIKE every time! And as for the polite cyclists out there, please KNOW AND OBEY THE TRAFFIC LAWS because I don't want to see you ending up as a hood ornament on my truck. And if that other rude guy is reading this, you're worth 100 points next time. Here's a link to the rules:
http://www.oklahomabicyclesociety.com/OklaBicycleManual/OBM_p05.htm

I agree with you. Here is one for you. If they cant keep with traffic are they not impeeding trafic? Isnt there a fine or ticket for impeeding trafic? And why do they not have to have insurance and registration or a licence plate like the motorists? I dont like bicyclists on the road. They should use side walks or the right of way, not main roads...

Last edited:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as******please.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_07_high_score_car_crash_bicycle_important_people.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom