Anyone here of this scam?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear you there. Everything in my home is insured and can be replaced, they are only materials, but the people that live here with me are irreplaceable. It's just really eating at me lately watching all of these home invasions with a ton of people barging in, its a nightmare played out in my mind so many times I wish it would just stop.."What do I keep loaded and how much will I need for this scenario" I am sure we have all had these things in our minds at some point.
EVERYTHING is loaded....ALL THE TIME

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this afternoon the girlfriend, kiddos and I returned home to find a flyer and a plastic bag taped to our front door. I looked around and noticed it on all of my neighbor's door as well. The note was asking for used shoe donations. The girlfriend flipped out saying a former co worker of hers had an encounter such as this where a few good sized men showed up to collect shoes scouting places and later returning to rob the place, and they are using the flyers still being outside as a way of knowing what hours the homeowners are home..

I know this sounds like a completely paranoid ordeal, but I have never heard of this and curious if anyone else has?

Edit: I am completely tired and noticed I spelled "hear as here" so be easy on me here, I am not stupid, just running for politics... heh

I didn't really know much about it, but we got this flyer a couple months ago. It looked hodgepodge'd together and the "official" contact info was a gmail address. We occasionally get flyers for used clothing, but this looked way suspect. I assumed it was some sort of scam one way or the other but hadn't considered that they were using it to mark houses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom