At what point is hancuffing legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the cuffs go on, you ARE being detained at that time. Usually for officer safety, (or in some cases the safety of the subject) but can be used to safeguard evidence during a stop prior to arrest or with charges pending. If the officer decides not to pursue further investigation or charges, they will release the individual(s) at that time. Most LEO's seldom cuff someone outside of a warrant hold. Occasionally you will get a hit on someone's name as coming back with warrants or wants against them, the cuffs may go on at that time until it becomes clear that the individual is not the subject of the want or warrant. Otherwise, they get transported to the lockup still in cuffs.. Just my prior experience..

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's all good if she asks for it.

But that safeword... yeah, that ****'s fo realz, brah. Don't stop and ask, "What?" or "Seriously?" Seriously... just start uncuffin'... I mean untyin' crap ... I mean, putting out flames... I mean... turnin' off cameras... Like, NOW!

Yeah.

Anyways.

:werd:

:lookaroun
Hahaha. You guys too?

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all remember the self defense shooting in Florida where the good guy used an 1875 Remington in .45Colt? When officers arrived they handcuffed every one in the store until investigation was complete. I don't suppose there is anything you could do to prevent being handcuffed, but damn that would make me mad. I even understand the reasoning behind the handcuffing, as they have no idea who might be additional perps. The original perp wasn't too hard to find, bled out just outside the door, plus a good sized knot on his head from a pistol whipping after being shot. But it would still make me furiously mad.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the cuffs go on, you ARE being detained at that time. Usually for officer safety, (or in some cases the safety of the subject) but can be used to safeguard evidence during a stop prior to arrest or with charges pending. If the officer decides not to pursue further investigation or charges, they will release the individual(s) at that time. Most LEO's seldom cuff someone outside of a warrant hold. Occasionally you will get a hit on someone's name as coming back with warrants or wants against them, the cuffs may go on at that time until it becomes clear that the individual is not the subject of the want or warrant. Otherwise, they get transported to the lockup still in cuffs.. Just my prior experience..

This is a pretty good answer, if I am not arresting you immediately, I might cuff you if I feel like you could be a danger to me or others, or if I feel you might try to get away while I have you detained.

Just because you have been detained, it does not guarantee that you will be in cuffs at any time

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again....i'm just glad i put my wild days behind me before the advent of the taser.........that damn taser will GREATLY REDUCE the number of law enforcement professionals that it takes to handcuff your rowdy ass. : )

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If she's the officer I'll put the cuffs on my damn self.

www.angelbodywear.com_Images_Products_Sexy_Police_Officer_Costume.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom