Back from Alaska

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well long story as short as possible : My first flight was cancelled so got to final destination two days late , no big deal . Second day saw a wolf but didn't give me time for a shot .Moved camp on the fifth day to new location ( no more game was seen ) . Weather was GREAT , On first day at new spot my guide was releasing a 6 lb. pike when he got two hooks from a treble hook ( 5 inch rapala ) embedded deep into his hand . Cut the fish's head off to keep fish from rolling . He didn't have a pair of wire cutters so he pulled the hooks out .That night his hand swelled up and got all red , we were afraid that blood poisoning started , so we left the next day to seek medical help which cut my hunt short by 5 days.

My guide told me he will make it up to me , I don't know how for sure but I will have to wait and see . Stuff happens it's a bummer but glad it wasn't worse .So no pic's , just tag soup . Open for recipes and willing to share the soup . L.O.L

Latest posts

Top Bottom