BB gun stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mid 70s I was about 12 and had my daisy out in the yard . In that era sody cans were tin, not today's aluminum. The daisy would knock them over and maybe leave a dent but didn't stand a chance of puncturing. If you watched close you could see the bb leaving the 1-8 chromed lined barrel 😁. 3 acre place in the country side I'm bouncing around the yard enjoying myself . All of a sudden, tire scretches. A man backs up and pulls in our up hill horseshoe driveway and says to me, where's your father ? I went and got dad, the man and dad talked, it didn't get heated and the man was on his way. Dad said the man said I shot his car and broke his windshield from about 50- 75 yards . 🤣 My dad knew better and I knew better because I was taught safety early on. Dad said some people dont like guns and are willing to lie to in order to get rid of them . Here it is 2023 and all the advice and warnings dad handed out couldn't be more true .

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mid 70s I was about 12 and had my daisy out in the yard . In that era sody cans were tin, not today's aluminum. The daisy would knock them over and maybe leave a dent but didn't stand a chance of puncturing. If you watched close you could see the bb leaving the 1-8 chromed lined barrel 😁. 3 acre place in the country side I'm bouncing around the yard enjoying myself . All of a sudden, tire scretches. A man backs up and pulls in our up hill horseshoe driveway and says to me, where's your father ? I went and got dad, the man and dad talked, it didn't get heated and the man was on his way. Dad said the man said I shot his car and broke his windshield from about 50- 75 yards . 🤣 My dad knew better and I knew better because I was taught safety early on. Dad said some people dont like guns and are willing to lie to in order to get rid of them . Here it is 2023 and all the advice and warnings dad handed out couldn't be more true .
So there was no more discussion about repairs of his car or just a promise to get rid of the gun?

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was pretty fair with a lever Daisy back when I was a pup.

On a good day I could shoot them great big ol' bumble bees out of the air on the fly.

Shot at a rabbit once and the BB hit him in the ear and rolled down into his inner ear and he went nutz flipping around and my beagle was able to grab him.

Neither one of us was overly bright but I talked a kid into holding a pop can in his hand and letting me shoot it from no more than 5 or 10 yards......BB hit him in the thumb just below the knuckle and he also went nutz like the rabbit did dancing around screaming and crying and even tho the BB didn't break the skin it instantly swelled up darn near as big as a 1/2 of a golf ball.

Can't remember what I bribed the kid with to not drop a dime on me and get my gun taken away but it probably involved several ice cream cones and soda pops. :)

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was 7 or 8 poppin sparrows for a penny a sparrow bounty dad put on them because he was crap bombed all the time, every time he opened the door to the chicken house. Dad was inside the house and had just arrived from town and I was walking around picking up my sparrows putting them in a bucket when my younger sister approached me yelling her fool head off telling me she was going to tell on me for something I had done earlier that day when mom and dad were gone.

I can't remember what the circumstances were but mom and dad were not around while I was out big game hunting and one of my shots went errant and hit my sister. She suddenly remembered the hit when they got home. She was walking away screaming so knowing I was already going to get it for not being careful around her, well let's just say I'll bet her ass was just as sore as mine was going to be.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, I’m sure Dad told him to take a hike (in so many words).
I was probably 10, Mom had a row of Oleanders that served as a haven for a mass snail population that would come out in the evening to eat her garden and retreat at first morning light. I would load my Crossman Pump .17 and eliminate the enemy. It was an absolute bloodbath so to speak.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Around 10 years old I was at my cousin's place in Hobart where their ranch was. Me and him were at the pond shooting at a snake out in the middle. Well I spilt some BBs reloading right at the water's edge. Squatted down picking em out of the mud one at a time all of sudden that snake popped his head up with fangs out. First time I ever said s%!t. Couldn't have been maybe a foot from my hand. My cousin leaned over my shoulder and shot that sucker right down his throat.....was I ever thankful! Made him swear not to tell about me cussing.

Last edited:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My nephew's and they're friends had a bb war, youngest one got shot and had a bb stuck in his chest plate . His mom and grandma were digging to get it as he squirmed . I walked in and said whoa, went to the fridge and grabbed a magnet. Bingo bb retracted. 🤣 in they're defence they thought bbs were copper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom