BB gun stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did they give him a bullet to bite on like in the movies? We had a three pump limit for BB Gun Wars.
We did not shoot BB's at each other, uhh well other than that one incident with my sister. I knew better than that. You could shoot someone's eye out.

Roman candle fights as high schoolers was another story.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used to wander around with BB guns in a small former-town near Falls Creek. Killed a copperhead with them once from point blank range. Looking back, it must’ve been cold or weak since we walked right up to it and started shooting. This was over 20 years ago though. Also got shot at by my step-sister and still have the BB in my hand.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was probably around 10 years old, and I was shooting at a large limb in the middle of a pond (the pond was low). When I hit the limb, a large number of snakes started falling into the water. What I thought was a large limb was actually a bunch of snakes wrapped around a small limb. I can still see it like it was yesterday.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 20 years ago I was using a weed eater to edge my front driveway. I felt a real sharp pain in the middle of my back. It was bad enough that I was kinda stunned for a minute. While I was recovering from this sudden pain, I noticed a young boy and girl walking sideways into their front door at a house across the street. I noticed both of them were holding something vertically behind their backs. It finally dawned on me the little darlings were hiding pellet rifles so, I paid them a visit. I knocked on their door and it was a pretty good while before they opened it. I asked the boy if he had shot me with a pellet rifle and he was pretty tongue tied and finally said he didn't think it would go that far. I later figured out why he said that. He shot at the taillight on my pickup and hit to the right of it and the round almost punched through the metal. He didn't realize he just flat missed the taillight. I asked them if their parents were home, and they weren't. So, I went back over there when a van pulled up in the driveway. It was their mom. I told her what happen while Junior was balling trying to get sympathy from Mom. She said she would have their Dad take care of them when He got off work. It wasn't but a few minutes and Dad was home and applied something stronger than a "time out" to Junior's butt. He came over and apologized to me. He said they normally don't even have the pellet rifles at their house, they had kept them at their grandparents' house in the country. My back bleed until around midnight and finally quit. I guess I've still got the pellet in my back about an inch from my spine.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was probably around 10 years old, and I was shooting at a large limb in the middle of a pond (the pond was low). When I hit the limb, a large number of snakes started falling into the water. What I thought was a large limb was actually a bunch of snakes wrapped around a small limb. I can still see it like it was yesterday.
Farm ponds have always been water moccasin breeding grounds in Oklahoma. They love to hang out in the low-hanging willow branches on pond banks. Back in the 50's and 60's I did a lot of tubing for bass in small local farm ponds all around central OK, wearing jeans and a t-shirt, sitting chest deep in a canvas sling inside a truck inner tube, with a pair of cheap swim fins for propulsion. I'd slowly work my way around overhanging brush and such along the banks. Very stealthy and quiet method and it was very effective, especially in late evenings. But moccasins dislike being bothered, and a few times I disturbed wrist-size cottonmouths hanging from willow branches enough that they plopped into the water and came at me. Whether it was from anger, curiosity, or just a bluff, I never waited to find out. A couple of times I was chased all the way to the bank. Pretty sure I almost got that tube up on plane a few times. The other major drawback to that fishing method was dragging a stringer with two or three bass on it dangling in the water alongside you. Snakes and particularly snappers would come after the free lunch. I finally put a S&W Model 63 in my tackle bag on the tube, loaded with bird shot for the snakes. As for the turtles, you just had to outrun them. Fun times to tell my great-grandkids about now. Most of the time they believe me.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My "first hunt" was with my trusty Daisy BB rifle,,,
Not the Red Ryder but the little entry level "Buck" rifle.

1955 I was 4 years old living on an Island in Lake Huron,,,
The bar/restaurant/post office/general store had "jackalope heads" mounted on the walls.

Later that first night after seeing the mounted ones,,,
I was sitting on a picnic table in the trailer area of the island,,,
Wrapped in a blanket with a flashlight, mug of hot chocolate, and my Daisy,,,
Just waiting for one of those vicious little ankle-charging critters to show up in my sights

My Father and Grandfather were sitting in the warm trailer swilling beer,,,
Laughing their arses off at the gullible little kid out there in the cold,,,
Later I found that my Mom gave them months of grief over that.

Let's just say dad was involuntarily celibate for many long moons.

Aarond

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My "first hunt" was with my trusty Daisy BB rifle,,,
Not the Red Ryder but the little entry level "Buck" rifle.

1955 I was 4 years old living on an Island in Lake Huron,,,
The bar/restaurant/post office/general store had "jackalope heads" mounted on the walls.

Later that first night after seeing the mounted ones,,,
I was sitting on a picnic table in the trailer area of the island,,,
Wrapped in a blanket with a flashlight, mug of hot chocolate, and my Daisy,,,
Just waiting for one of those vicious little ankle-charging critters to show up in my sights

My Father and Grandfather were sitting in the warm trailer swilling beer,,,
Laughing their arses off at the gullible little kid out there in the cold,,,
Later I found that my Mom gave them months of grief over that.

Let's just say dad was involuntarily celibate for many long moons.

Aarond

Your first snipe hunt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom