Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm gonna' have to try that now! You do anything special with/to them?
I sprinkle them with either Head Country seasoning or a little Tony Chacheries, smoke for an hour and a half at 300* and spritz with a soy sauce/worchestershire mixture about every 30 minutes. At the 1.5 hour mark, I put them in a covered foil pan with 3 pats of butter and a dash of the soy/worchester mix in the bottom and cook them off for 30 more minutes. I’ve done them this way dozens of times, and when you grab a leg bone, it should slide out clean which is just the way I like them…fall off the bone tender. :thumb:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried a recipe I saw on tiktok, and it turned out pretty good and is definitely easy. I like alfredo, but it’s not something I want to eat often. My wife prefers marinara recipes, but she approved of this one.
IMG_0412.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished what’s come to be my favorite meal and easiest to prepare…smoked chicken quarters. My wife fixed steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes as sides.:thumb:
View attachment 450607
Grew up on leg quarters in the 55 gallon drum my dad made into a charcoal grill.
We don't do any white meat chicken. I've had to do the Heimlich maneuver twice on my wife to keep her from choking to death when that dry crap got stuck in her throat.
No pics but did thighs on the pellet grill tonight. Put it on smoke which runs about 160 degrees for an hour and kicked it up to 300 for another hour to get to 165 degrees. Let them rest for 15 minutes to get to 170, and they are amazingly moist. The skin is tough though, so we remove it and season at the table with a mesquite/garlic/cayenne pepper rub.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm gonna' have to try that now! You do anything special with/to them?

I have not smoked quarters yet. Do you have a favorite wood and rough time for them?

I use different seasoning blends it really just depends on my mood and I pretty much always smoke with pecan.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m new to tiktok, and I don’t doubt it’s a chinese platform. However, the guy that posted the video is a scruffy mullet wearing redneck that sounded like he’s probably from South Carolina, and he said the recipe came from a buddy who’s a US army vet.:anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom