Earthquake Insurance in OK--- Do I still need it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.Hinkle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't felt a tremor in awhile. I guess the fracking shut down solved the earthquake problem? I dunno.

Thinking about now renewing.. What do yall think ?
There is a 'relationship' between fracking and earthquakes, but fracking doesn't actually cause earthquakes. It produces a large amount of wastewater that is expensive to make drinkable, so most frackers drill holes and dump the water down them. This water can then end up applying pressure to existing fault lines and trigger earthquakes. The water is there now, even if fracking has slowed, so the earthquake issue won't actually go away.

It is interesting how little coverage it has gotten of late. But even when it was being covered I never once actually felt any of the earthquakes but I might be in the minority there.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In reality now days insurance is nothing more than a scam taking your money and giving nothing in return, having earthquake insurance for me is like me having maternity insurance for myself(and im male) and for the wife ( which doesnt have the baby factory anymore) is a waste of money.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In reality now days insurance is nothing more than a scam taking your money and giving nothing in return, having earthquake insurance for me is like me having maternity insurance for myself(and im male) and for the wife ( which doesnt have the baby factory anymore) is a waste of money.
I'm stating to think that way as well.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fracing was never shutdown. Logical since it wasn’t the cause. Fracking on the other hand I’m not familiar with so I won’t comment.
I will help you out:

"Fracking is short for "hydraulic fracturing", which is the process of creating fractures in rocks and rock formations by injecting specialized fluid into cracks to force them to open further. The larger fissures allow more oil and gas to flow out of the formations and into the wellbore."

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will help you out:

"Fracking is short for "hydraulic fracturing", which is the process of creating fractures in rocks and rock formations by injecting specialized fluid into cracks to force them to open further. The larger fissures allow more oil and gas to flow out of the formations and into the wellbore."

I can assure you that Okietool knows full well what the procedure is and what is involved. If he is like me, he has generally seen the spelling for that process to be "fracing" rather than "fracking."

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will help you out:

Sounds eerily similar to fracing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom