I just can't quit touching it......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it possible for the transfer bar safety to become worn or defective...?

I'm no wheelgun expert and don't claim to be.

But I don't see how the setup could become worn / defective through normal use. Especially considering the GP internals are waaaay overbuilt.

From experience I can tell you that it is impossible to put it in wrong (where the transfer bar safety wouldn't work but the revolver itself would).

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Incorrect. You should immediately release the trigger after tripping the sear. This will allow the trigger and hammer to return to their starting positions and prevent the hammer from touching the firing pin (which would touch the primer...which is bad).
You are correct, but I always hold it because of the remote possibility of the hammer slipping. (Holding it gives more leverage against the hammer)
I edited the post.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On single actions you have to cock the hammer (at least partially) to load or unload the gun. Though this is a discussion of double action revolvers the same common sense comes into play: Use your head.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In a pinch. Are you not supposed to hold hammer, pull trigger then release trigger? Engages the transfer bar safety? Not positive?

Doh! see that above now. Sorry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom