I just can't quit touching it......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pull back on hammer, hold it very carefully and solidly, pull trigger and hold it, and ease hammer down. Do it very carefully.

Incorrect. You should immediately release the trigger after tripping the sear. This will allow the trigger and hammer to return to their starting positions and prevent the hammer from touching the firing pin (which would touch the primer...which is bad).

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hope that if I ever do feel the need to cock the hammer that I don't have to take the next step and release it via the trigger.
I had read in someone's post once that their wife was decocking her revolver "movie style" and I just wasn't sure what that meant!

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope that if I ever do feel the need to cock the hammer that I don't have to take the next step and release it via the trigger.

Unless the trigger is fully depressed when the hammer comes forward, the weapon will not fire. That's the whole point of the transfer bar safety.

Nothing to be afraid of...

Try it (chamber empty) and you'll see what I mean.

Latest posts

Top Bottom