It's time to remove my wedding ring.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are going to have to buy something to cut it off, might I recommend a Leatherman Raptor? I broke my ring finger a couple of years ago in two places, and my wedding ring had to come off (after after about 45 years). The ER Dr was not having any luck with the ring-cutter he had--it wasn't even putting a mark in the ring, but he was making my broken finger hurt even more. Luckily, when he called out for a different ring cutter, an EMT was walking by, and he had a Raptor on his belt that he offered the Dr. What a nifty tool. One snip, and it was off. About $99 everywhere (including Amazon).

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent worn a ring since i first got married in the late 70's and was out working and the ring got caught on something when i fell luckily the the ring was cheap and gave way but it could have been my finger so when i got that ring off another never went on.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Along with the soapy water and dental floss, techniques mentioned above, sit down and put your hand over your head or up in the air for several minutes prior to trying to remove the ring. That will drain the blood and swelling fluid down into your hand and arm, making your finger smaller. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom