Last remodel of my life. Photo heavy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice. We are fixing to start a heavy remodel also. Updating sewer, insulation, and a generac, putting in new windows, building out a laundry room, turning the garage into a reloading/gun room and adding a HVAC to it, enclosing the patio and putting in an outdoor kitchen.

The biggie is gonna be flipping the kitchen and dining room and putting in gas appliances. I am sick to death of that damned electric stove/oven. I intend to die in this house and it WILL be what I would like to have. Along with me not having to worry about something going out. Our sewer line is circa 1965 and cast iron. At least a half dozen neighbors have had to replace their lines in the last year. We are living on borrowed time.
Anderson just had a commercial about $375 off each window, and $775 off each door with a free quote for one year, zero down, zero interest for one year.

If I had an opportunity to do it again...

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. We are fixing to start a heavy remodel also. Updating sewer, insulation, and a generac, putting in new windows, building out a laundry room, turning the garage into a reloading/gun room and adding a HVAC to it, enclosing the patio and putting in an outdoor kitchen.

The biggie is gonna be flipping the kitchen and dining room and putting in gas appliances. I am sick to death of that damned electric stove/oven. I intend to die in this house and it WILL be what I would like to have. Along with me not having to worry about something going out. Our sewer line is circa 1965 and cast iron. At least a half dozen neighbors have had to replace their lines in the last year. We are living on borrowed time.

Anderson just had a commercial about $375 off each window, and $775 off each door with a free quote for one year, zero down, zero interest for one year.

If I had an opportunity to do it again...

If you are young enough, Anderson and top line Windows are a great investment. As well as if you’re going to live in the home long term too. We had installed Andersons in a few of our homes. But when you are closer to the end than from the beginning, it’s a waste to go Anderson. Age should come into play on decisions on high end home improvements.

I had Anderson come out on this one. $34,000.00 was not worth it for us. So I bought a in between medium and high end level double pane argon thermal break 100uv vinyl tilt ins. $9000

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are young enough, Anderson and top line Windows are a great investment. As well as if you’re going to live in the home long term too. We had installed Andersons in a few of our homes. But when you are closer to the end than from the beginning, it’s a waste to go Anderson. Age should come into play on decisions on high end home improvements.

I had Anderson come out on this one. $34,000.00 was not worth it for us. So I bought a in between medium and high end level double pane argon thermal break 100uv vinyl tilt ins. $9000

I understand. I'm 66 next week and women in my family live into their 90s whether they want to or not. That said, my adventure with the tree has, realistically speaking, shortened my length of time here according to everything I have read. My bones and spine weren't in great shape before that happened. Certainly didn't help.

Probably won't do Anderson windows. That IS a crazy amount of money. BUT ... That kitchen thing IS gonna happen. And I do not care if I spend every dime in that account to make it happen. I have waited a LONG time for this. And sacrificed a lot. This is the one and only thing I've ever asked for that is crazy expensive. So ... Yeah ... I kinda feel like I've earned it. Much as I love Grumpy it's a well known fact JBTs are NOT exactly "nice" husbands. 🤷🤷 And that's not to say he's not a good man. But the "yessir, no sir, it won't happen again sir" thing gets a little old from time to time. 🙄🙄🙄

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That is some of what I do for a living and will be starting on my own shortly and I do not want to lol. Making money doing this stuff makes sense , spending money to do this stuff is just unnatural :cool: .
Nice job!!

Last edited:

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great Rick! Btw, where has @Sted-E Ed-E been?
I’m still around! Ricks right though I have been busy working (I had a lot more passenger seat time ant the last place I was working) and I’ve picked back up on my old mini bike and go cart hobby as well haha.

Looks good Rick! I’m glad it finally all came together for you!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is some of what I do for a living and will be starting on my own shortly and I do not want to lol. Making money doing this stuff makes sense , spending money to do this stuff is just unnatural :cool: .
Nice job!!
I know what you mean. Most mechanics can't get to work because their vehicle won't start, Electricians always have outlets hanging out the walls waiting for a new one, and the list goes on.
It's different when doing it for a wage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom