OC Arrest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it becomes a trespass violation?

I suppose...not enough info though. Point is, it doesn't have to have been an off limits place by statute. If it was private property and someone in control of that property told him he wasn't welcome with a firearm, then he screwed the pooch by coming back. There is no signage requirement in OK.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Polling places are off limits according to para 1 and 2 of this title:
TITLE 21 § 1277. Unlawful carry in certain places
UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES
A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following places:
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
2. Any meeting of any city, town, county, state or federal officials, school board members, legislative members, or any other elected or appointed officials;

Plus, he was asked to leave and came back. That would be trespassing as possible additional charge and since he came back and showed it to the election official could even be considered "flashing, displaying, or brandishing." In any case, it is just an ignorant "in your face" display that makes all SDA oc or concealed, and all gun owners look stupid.

Thank you.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do hope you fellows know what I mean by thank you when I reply, and I do sincerely mean thank you for your time and effort to find the pertinent data to show what an idiot has done, and again, thank you for that.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have gleaned a bit of additional information. This place was a private retirement home that donated space for the election. His "disguise" consisted of a hat and a jacket. He posted about this on another forum, and has since deleted it, but IIRC he thought he was in compliance with the law and was standing up for his rights. Given the facts as I know them, I'm not sure that he wasn't right. Having said that, I left mine in the car when I voted at a church. I didn't want to be a test case.

From other info I'm getting, he has somewhat in your face with his OC at another location completely unrelated to this, but didn't violate any laws. Sounds to me like this guy needs some "mentoring" or something.

Well your "organization" could pays his legal fees to see if he broke the law or not.

WillR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soooo. Has anyone figured out if he had a permit? $4000 bail seems a little steep. I hope this isn't a case of they charged the dude with a laundry list of bs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom