Pretentious Skeet Shooters??!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I recently became a member of a gun club down here in Mississippi so I can shoot while I am TDY at Keesler AFB for Air Traffic Control training. Anyways we had to sit though a long brief of all of the rules of the club and what not. The man giving the brief was supposedly a national/world champion skeet shooter. I dont doubt it, but it seemed like all he could do was brag about how he shot a Krieghoff. Cool, whatever but I have way better things to spend $10k on. Anyways as we were going through the rules he made it very clear that CCing while on the club property was strictly prohibited. Thats where I am kind of lost. Mississippi is an extremely pro-gun state where even the castle doctrine extends to your vehicle. You can carry concealed without a permit as long as you dont exit your car without being properly licensed. I am just wondering what the big fuss about CCing while at the range is all about. Im not sure if its some sort of insurance issue, or a club voted thing. What are you alls thoughts? I wanted to just ask, but I didnt want to be that guy since I had just joined.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe it has something to do with cheating. You know, the ole "your buddy in the back gives a pidgeon one to the hip if you miss" gimmick.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't let it bother me. I'd CC if I thought I needed to, or don't if I don't feel the need. I CC to the range sometimes, but never while shooting skeet. I feel pretty secure at the ranges/gun clubs I belong to. Don't mean to be wise ass but if they don't want concealed carry, I might try them out one day with open carry, say your favorite pistol worn at four o'clock in a OWB holster with one or two spare mags on your back left side, about seven or eight o'clock.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure about the CC, usually it's the trap shooters that are like that:D Maybe his free trial period was about up on his Krieghoff and he was either going to have to pay up or give it back.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess you're not familiar with the "Fudd Syndrome" in the shooting sports arena. This syndrome is mostly notable in the attitudes of long gunners toward handgunners. It becomes more pronounced among those who use words like "Krieghof" or "Purdy" or "matched doubles", expecting the audience to revere the speaker's opinion above all others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom