Rainy Day Opening Day Blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brief shower near Okarche, but the wind has picked up. No fog here. Lightning was quite a distance south but has since subsided. Spooked several deer coming in about an hour before shooting light but have only seen one doe since daylight. Have heard quite a few shots and obviously have some shot gunners burning through some ammo on the section south of me.

OSU Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's raining pretty steady in Wagoner county. Fortunately for me I'm building a house and they got the roof dried in yesterday so I'm using it as a big blind. No deer movement from my vantage point yet

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No rain here yet. Up near Foraker. Saw two deer walking in...

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_22_f84038fa4e8d462539489581904eadc7.jpg

Tumbleweed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plenty of rain in Stephens co. Walking in my buddy said his pond is the fullest it's been in years. Got to the blind late, had to wait out the lightning. Saw 5 doe at 8:00 and heard 3 shots since. The rain is definitely not slowing movement down. Good luck to those out this morning.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quite a few shots this am in South Coffeyville. Saw a real good buck jump the fence onto the neighbors piece. 2 shots minutes later, I believe they killed him. He was nice (140S). I'm tagged on bucks so I couldnt have shot him anyways. Would have liked to meet up with him next yr though. Other than that 2 does came thru at mach 1 and 1 coyote. Got to spend some good time in the stand with my son though.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drove up to Kaw WMA yesterday to check it out, with the possibility of setting up camp and hunting this morning. Most all camping areas were loaded, and with the thick fog, limited visibility, and number of hunters, I eventually decided to give in and drive home. I almost hit two does though on the drive up Silverdale Lane. Seems like it might be a good place to hunt, great looking habitat, if you have the time to stake out your camp a week in advance and secure all the good spots. My schedule doesn't allow for that so it looks like I'll probably sit out deer rifle again and wait until public land reopens again for deer archery.
Good luck to everyone and be safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom