totally creeped out part deux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I don't normally have a bunch of folks running in and out of my house I leave a ten spot or a twenty on the counter as a signal for the "all clear" when I walk through the door. Learned this the hard way when a coworker relieved me of a very expensive watch from my office drawer. I didn't notice the watch missing for quite some time until I went looking for a book of stamps in the same drawer. Disassembled the desk looking for stamps and that's when I discovered the watch had been snatched. Thieves suck donkey d***s.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the lights left on and stuff on the counter would imply one of two things... either they got spooked off before they could make everything right, Or they wanted you to know (or didn't care if you knew) they had been there. I would be getting an internet accessible camera and changing the code on the garage door opener to start.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know someone who would binge eat on ambien and never knew it until his wife put up a camera in their home.

Yep. I knew a lady who lived alone and woke up -- doors and windows still locked -- to find a half-eaten sandwich in the kitchen. But she had lunch meat breath and realized what happened. She talked to her doc and quit taking ambien.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I know what has happened as I have seen this before. I work in the security alarm business, so I have seen it all...

Ok, so what happened is that you had a break in and:

* They came into your house and took everything and replaced all with exact replicas.
* They installed micro cameras all through your house to monitor your every move.
* They returned something they took last week, you just thought it was missing.
* They are still in your house, hiding, waiting.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you have a neighbor with the same code on the garage door opener.

I was thinking along the same lines. There was a story on the news a few years back about burglars driving neighborhoods with a gadget that emitted revolving garage door frequencies. When a garage door opened, they waited to see if anyone came out and if not, they backed in, shut the garage door and loaded up. As someone else mentioned, it sounds as though whoever this was got interrupted or spooked and just left. For security, I would definitely consider the Internet camera deal and possibly using the slide locks on your garage door for a while.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kendall, not to be nosey, but how is you and your wife getting along. Or the other 2 people that have keys. This is just a possibility and only a possibility, she may be having an affair, came home for a quick one and not had time to put things away before returning to work. Or the other two people that have keys may have done the same thing. Bug the phone, put up lipstick cameras and let no one know about them. I hope this is not the case, but it has happened to others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom