Tulsa Traffic Sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
we've had massive construction projects in Tulsa before... but this is absolutely the worst.

even a moron would know if you shut down one major artery, folks will head for the nearest other major artery to get through.

but no.... these morons will start construction projects for say four major roads all parallel to each other. so there's NO way to avoid bottlenecks.

been going on too long...The Mayor has got to receive blame for this.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
we've had massive construction projects in Tulsa before... but this is absolutely the worst.

even a moron would know if you shut down one major artery, folks will head for the nearest other major artery to get through.

but no.... these morons will start construction projects for say four major roads all parallel to each other. so there's NO way to avoid bottlenecks.

been going on too long...The Mayor has got to receive blame for this.

I've been driving here since 1967 and there has never been a time when there wasn't major road construction/repair going on.The big problem is when they do repair a stretch of road they do it half a$$ and they are back repairing the same stretch in just a few years.Oklahoma does not know or is too cheap to build roads right.Do it right the first time and they would be money ahead.

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone here have any (real/actual/serious) insight as to why the road construction situation in Tulsa is so awful? I have wracked my brain and can't imagine any situation that would permit so many crippling construction projects to be allowed in one city at any given time.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been driving here since 1967 and there has never been a time when there wasn't major road construction/repair going on.The big problem is when they do repair a stretch of road they do it half a$$ and they are back repairing the same stretch in just a few years.Oklahoma does not know or is too cheap to build roads right.Do it right the first time and they would be money ahead.

Yeah, if they learned to build the roads right in the first place we wouldn't have this problem. They can't even properly repair the problems... Tulsa's way of fixing a pot hole is to throw a shovel full of asphalt into the hole and let cars drive over it. In many other states they would cut out that section and repair it properly instead of refilling the hole that keeps getting bigger and bigger every time the patch wears out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom