Underground tornado shelter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedrat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
www.groundzeroshelters.com

My neighbors had the in-garage one put in recently. Looks well made and their's can hold up to 6 people I believe.

BTW- The company also has a service where they have your GPS coordinates and will come look for you after a tornado if they can't get ahold of you.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a two car garage. Mine was build first, as big as the garage, then the garage was built over it. I use it as a wine seller, among other stuff but plenty of room for shelter.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We put a ground zero in our home in Moore shortly after it was built. I talked to them before the garage was poured and they said to go ahead and pour the garage 1st so they could be sure to get it flush. The one we bought looks just like the one in the picture on this page.

We are very satisfied. You will notice in the picture that there is a lot of extra concrete poured back around the shelter. That is because it's much Wider than the opening. It's designed to hold like 10 people. We got a large one because we have company regularly. The thing I like about it most is that is is much taller (on the inside) than the other ones I've been in.

I think the total cost installed was around $3500 but that was 2 1/2 years ago. If have the nerve to wait though this season, they (meaning many of the vendors) always run specials at the state fair. This is their busy time, hit them up in the fall or winter and you can stand to save $500-1000.

Latest posts

Top Bottom