Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is too blasted long for me to read through and get the info. I want. So somebody give me some advice. I know that I should keep an eye on the credit card statement so I'll see when the OSBI takes my money and I know that the S.O. will have my license before the letter arrives.

So my question is approximately how long should I wait after I am charged to start checking with the S.O. to see if thy have my license?

I don't want to waste the S.O.'s time asking them to check too early. But I also don't want my license just sitting there for weeks waiting on me to come get it.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked today at Comanche Co SO. The clerk ask when it was turned in . They got it Feb12 sent to OSBI on the 27 of Feb. She SAID oh you have a long time they have 120 days(4 months ) to do any thing. I explained that I understood the Statue, and was just checking . She assured me that when they get them they call THAT day....25 more days I guess LOL Sonny

Jgyolai

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm moving to OKC in September. I was wondering why it takes so long to get your CCW permit. Are there extra steps or something? I'm thinking of getting one here in SD if it really takes that long to get them there. It only takes about two-three weeks here.

tauntdesigns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's like the whole state has decided to apply. That's what they say is the cause of the extended wait.

You apply at the Sheriffs office, and they do a background check, and then send it to OSBI office, where they do a complete background check including juvie records.

tauntdesigns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

hullxsm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Received my OSBI letter on May 28. It was dated May 16. I went to the Sheriff's office on Friday, May 29 and was told "they" are two weeks behind in getting the permits to the sheriff. So, I guess that really means a month from the date of your letter.

I've lived without it for more than forty years so two weeks won't make a difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom