Need a new favorite Mexican Joint ~ Tulsa area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inspired by the Italian thread, which gave me some places to ad to my "try" list.

I've been without a favorite Mexican place in the Tulsa area for a couple years now, after the a couple places closed or changed hands. I've just been floating around, lost in a sea nothingness with no place to call home. I used to like Mexico Viejo in Broken Arrow until they closed out of protest or whatever. Not the best I've ever had, but it was consistent and never too crowed or whatnot.

These can be anywhere form nice places to taco stands. It's always a plus if actual real live Mexicans go there to eat, the waitstaff speaks broken English, and the TV is always on a soccer game or Telemundo. No chain restaurants please.

Gracias,
RidgeHunter

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since Mexico Viejo closed we have been going to Mr. Mambos at 101st and Elm in BA. It still doesn't compare to Mex Viejo but it's not too bad.
Also, The place that is across from Rhema next to where Billy Simms used to be, i think it is Aguilla Sol or something like that, has 1 of the guys working there that used to work at Mex Viejo and some of the food is similiar.
Can't think of anything good right now.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Compadres. I think they have 5 stores now, but they're locally owned/operated. The food is good, the folks are nice, and the atmo is comfortable.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Inspired by the Italian thread, which gave me some places to ad to my "try" list.

I've been without a favorite Mexican place in the Tulsa area for a couple years now, after the a couple places closed or changed hands. I've just been floating around, lost in a sea nothingness with no place to call home. I used to like Mexico Viejo in Broken Arrow until they closed out of protest or whatever. Not the best I've ever had, but it was consistent and never too crowed or whatnot.

These can be anywhere form nice places to taco stands. It's always a plus if actual real live Mexicans go there to eat, the waitstaff speaks broken English, and the TV is always on a soccer game or Telemundo. No chain restaurants please.

Gracias,
RidgeHunter

I know this won't help you, but if you are in McAlester, try La Cabana. Your description describes my favorite perfectly. The only thing I might add is Menudo is always available. I don't eat it, but it signifies a true Mexican restaurant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom