10 pro gun myths shot down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agreed with some of their points, but not their sentiments. I don't think violent video games are to blame, but I don't blame guns either.

Screw em'.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chicago has virtually no guns allowed yet has one if not the highest killings by firearms per capita. This data does not support that fact. Also there has been only mass shooting (mall in Arizona) out of 26 or 27 has not been in a gun free zone, how would it be expected that an armed civilian could have helped out, mass shooting criminals have squed this data by by intentionally picking out gun free zones.

While the facts might be correct in some fashion, they do not address the real issues with complete data. Data can be twisted to provide any result desired.

If you ask me if I want a steak. Answer - I do not want to eat a steak. (I just finished eating a large cheese burger burger with sides from the grill). Since you only asked me only one time, does that mean 100% of the time I do not want steak? Musts be, we have proof I do not like steak.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Reports like this always have the same way to make a point. the deal in percentages and 'how many times more likely' something is if certain criteria are met. those percentages are meaningless unless they are put into perspective. All those arguments are one sided.

If you had a village with two members and one got shot (by whomever - another villager, a stranger, didn't matter) you could say that 50% of this population has been killed by gun violence and all members of the village own guns. Numbers can be twisted to mean whatever you want.

100% of women who wear red dresses on sycamore street were murdered last year - don't wear red dresses. Doesn't tell you that there is only one female on the street, that the street only has one home etc, that she wasn't murdered at home, but at the movie theater. That the movie theater was in New York, but she lived in Wisconsin and was only on vacation. - see how easily twisted things get?

like my sig says (at the time of this writing) "60% of the time, it works every time. . "

Latest posts

Top Bottom