1911 Anyone?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked this up e few weeks ago, It fits like it was custom made for my hand. Post em(1911's ) if you got em.:mosh::clap3:[Broken External Image][Broken External Image][Broken External Image][Broken External Image]

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice Bobtail Brown, Jimmy! :clap3:

Here's my "experienced" Smith & Wesson Scandium Commander I just picked up today.

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4117_4769353949_49b436b8de.png

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4074_4769353977_a9a06bc6f2.png

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet, did you decide on what mags you are going to use?

After talking to a smitty at Wilson Combat, I decided on an 8 round Wilson 47DC with the lo-profile basepad and a 7 round Wilson 47 with the standard pad.

Here's why.

The smitty said that when filled to capacity, their 8 round mags are a ***** to seat in the pistol with the slide closed, but the 7 rounders, when filled to capacity, seat just fine on a closed slide. So. I figured I would get the 8 rounder, fill to the top and charge the pistol with it, leaving 7 rounds in the mag instead of topping it off and using the 7 round mag for my pouch.

Or, I could just buy a pair of 8 rounders and only fill the one on my belt (re-load) with 7 rounds. I don't like a lot of tension on my mag release. :disappoin

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That looks like a ray-gun! :ooh2:

That gun is a runnin' SOB!!! I've only owned it for a few months, and after litterally 1000's of rounds it's one of my favorites for sure.

GED, if you are new to 1911 style guns, give that Smith some time, it took me a liitle while to get the hang of shooting mine but it was worth the effort.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That gun is a runnin' SOB!!! I've only owned it for a few months, and after litterally 1000's of rounds it's one of my favorites for sure.

GED, if you are new to 1911 style guns, give that Smith some time, it took me a liitle while to get the hang of shooting mine but it was worth the effort.

Well...I'm not "new" new to 1911s...I owned one probably 18 years ago, but I got rid of it fairly quick. I was head over heels in love with Glocks at that time and the .45 I had was a POS. :rolleyes2

Now that my polymer romance has faded a little, I figured maybe I can give ol' slabsides another try. :respect:

Latest posts

Top Bottom