1911 Anyone?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well...I'm not "new" new to 1911s...I owned one probably 18 years ago, but I got rid of it fairly quick. I was head over heels in love with Glocks at that time and the .45 I had was a POS. :rolleyes2

Now that my polymer romance has faded a little, I figured maybe I can give ol' slabsides another try. :respect:

LOL! take my word for it and shoot the crap out of that bad boy. I was shooting my M&P in competition when I got the 2011. At first I shot the M&P better but after the learning curve I'm shooting the SV pretty well now, it just took some time.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai43.photobucket.com_albums_e363_Ryanncass_gun1.jpg

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeff, what brand is that??

well, it was originally a RIA GI model, but it's now about 99% Greyson Armory :D
Dr. Greyson basically rebuilt the entire gun for me. The slide, barrel and frame are all that's still original, but even the barrel was tweaked.
I love it, it runs like a champ! I used it at the USPSA match Sunday night.
The only thing left, really, is to put some better sights on it, but the problem is, I don't want to be without it for that long. I try to practice with it two to three times per week, every chance I get really.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After talking to a smitty at Wilson Combat, I decided on an 8 round Wilson 47DC with the lo-profile basepad and a 7 round Wilson 47 with the standard pad.

Here's why.

The smitty said that when filled to capacity, their 8 round mags are a ***** to seat in the pistol with the slide closed, but the 7 rounders, when filled to capacity, seat just fine on a closed slide. So. I figured I would get the 8 rounder, fill to the top and charge the pistol with it, leaving 7 rounds in the mag instead of topping it off and using the 7 round mag for my pouch.

Or, I could just buy a pair of 8 rounders and only fill the one on my belt (re-load) with 7 rounds. I don't like a lot of tension on my mag release. :disappoin

I have a bunch of 47DCs that I rotate for carry use. I have probably 1K rounds through them currently. No problems loading...... gasp..... 8 rounds in them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom