1911 Anyone?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
She's nothing special, plain-jane, but she runs, and she puts them where they count. She only likes 7rd mags, which is fine with me.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After talking to a smitty at Wilson Combat, I decided on an 8 round Wilson 47DC with the lo-profile basepad and a 7 round Wilson 47 with the standard pad.

Here's why.

The smitty said that when filled to capacity, their 8 round mags are a ***** to seat in the pistol with the slide closed, but the 7 rounders, when filled to capacity, seat just fine on a closed slide. So. I figured I would get the 8 rounder, fill to the top and charge the pistol with it, leaving 7 rounds in the mag instead of topping it off and using the 7 round mag for my pouch.

Or, I could just buy a pair of 8 rounders and only fill the one on my belt (re-load) with 7 rounds. I don't like a lot of tension on my mag release. :disappoin

47D's are are nice mags but are a ***** to seat so I purchased several Wilson ETM's (8 round). They have been flawless and easily seat.
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-El...ll-Size-8-Round-ETM-Base-Pad/productinfo/500/

Tripp 1911 magazines are also very nice.
http://www.trippresearch.com/store/store_1911.html

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just picked this up e few weeks ago, It fits like it was custom made for my hand. Post em(1911's ) if you got em.:mosh::clap3:[Broken External Image]
What is the ding looking thing just behind the front strap and under the grip?
Do 2011's count in this thread??? lol...

ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg202_rustyzx9_MonApr05220312CDT2010.jpg
NO! The 2011 is a bastard gun!
Funny... it doesn't look like that right now?? :)

My Nighthawk is a picture whore....
alh6.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_S58DaRPlKXI_AAAAAAAABls_4vPOOvf3wt0_s720__EPC0008.JPG

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, one more until I finish these few I'm building (waiting on sights for one, then I'll post it here)...

Nighthawk T-3 in polished Hard Chrome
Nighthawk T-3 in Ion Bond Diamond Black
Nighthawk GRP (mine)
alh5.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_S9TaDI3gQtI_AAAAAAAACSA_ytkVlLLo2g8_s720__EPC0784.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom