1911 Anyone?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who built your custom Wall?
It was one I've had for a long time, then last year I had it completely rebuilt by Dr. Greyson. Everything was redone except the sights, which is next. The problem is I want to flatten the top, but there's a wait to get it done. Barry's going to send it to Chuck Rodgers, but Chuck's kinda busy. I may just give up & just get the sights cut, but I sure do like the Flat Tops.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks. :) Too bad the maker is such a sorry sucker though.

alh6.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_S8NeGflJJ2I_AAAAAAAACBQ_eXgZ2c89f6Y_s720__EPC0470.JPG

If thats your handywork, I'm in awe!! Those look better than the first set!!

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was one I've had for a long time, then last year I had it completely rebuilt by Dr. Greyson. Everything was redone except the sights, which is next. The problem is I want to flatten the top, but there's a wait to get it done. Barry's going to send it to Chuck Rodgers, but Chuck's kinda busy. I may just give up & just get the sights cut, but I sure do like the Flat Tops.
Man, he was showing me some of Chuck's work, that guy is very talented and has great taste. I am not a fan of the golf balling though (I'm a more traditional checkered guy).
If thats your handywork, I'm in awe!! Those look better than the first set!!

Thanks buddy. I had those for a day before somebody just had to have them, lol. I'll have to make me another set once winter rolls back around and I don't heat stroke in the garage.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, he was showing me some of Chuck's work, that guy is very talented and has great taste. I am not a fan of the golf balling though (I'm a more traditional checkered guy).

I think the golf balling looks awesome, but I'm just wanting the top flattened & the slide bottom beveled. Maybe someday, on another gun, I'll get golf balling. But IMHO it has to be a single colored (Frame/Slide) pistol or it won't look as good.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Thanks buddy. I had those for a day before somebody just had to have them, lol. I'll have to make me another set once winter rolls back around and I don't heat stroke in the garage.

I'll keep you in mind for a set! Cause this plain-jane 1911A1 I have is going to be a work in progress. She's not going to have alot done to her, cause she's already proven herself on the range, so there are just somethings you don't mess with.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the golf balling looks awesome, but I'm just wanting the top flattened & the slide bottom beveled. Maybe someday, on another gun, I'll get golf balling. But IMHO it has to be a single colored (Frame/Slide) pistol or it won't look as good.

I own guns with 25LPI, 30LPI and currently own a Rogers golfballed gun, go with the golfballing and you won't be sorry. It actually is a bit more grippy than traditional checkering.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own guns with 25LPI, 30LPI and currently own a Rogers golfballed gun, go with the golfballing and you won't be sorry. It actually is a bit more grippy than traditional checkering.

Yeah, I like it. I like a really agressive grip, I love my Simonich Gunners.
I think these on a golfballed pistol would be (to quote GED) "The Cat's Ass".

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I like it. I like a really agressive grip, I love my Simonich Gunners.
I think these on a golfballed pistol would be (to quote GED) "The Cat's Ass".

They are, VZ golfballed Operators are "the shiznit" aswell. :D

Hint: get all your machine work done at once, otherwise you'll be sorry later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom