2 Tulsa Officers shot last night

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the light is red and you’re in the intersection, you’ve run a red light. Yellow doesn’t mean race the red.
If one enters an intersection during a green or yellow light, as in preparation for a left turn, one has not 'run a light'. One has acted in a completely legal manner.
Once the light turns red,, one cannot stay in the intersection. That is illegal, blocking traffic. In that instance, one must complete the left turn.
That clears the intersection, and is completely legal.

So, your statement "if the light is red, and you're in the intersection, you've run a red light' not correct.

Entering an intersection on a yellow light is not illegal. Nor is it against traffic regulations.

Nevertheless, ease up on the traffic violations.

My point is, that a cop can make an accusation stick, with no evidence. Word against word. That's just immoral.
That sort of power corrupts. There are many, many examples of cops lying on the stand.
I know many on this forum were, or are, LEO of some sort. I would be willing to bet that most know, or know of, a cop that made a questionable bust, and lied to make it stick. I know several.

What I'm saying is that cops are not always right. There sure seems to be a cheering section that is willing to believe they are, in spite of evidence to the contrary.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If one enters an intersection during a green or yellow light, as in preparation for a left turn, one has not 'run a light'. One has acted in a completely legal manner.
Once the light turns red,, one cannot stay in the intersection. That is illegal, blocking traffic. In that instance, one must complete the left turn.

So, your statement "if the light is red, and you're in the intersection, you've run a red light' not correct.

Entering an intersection on a yellow light is not illegal. Nor is it against traffic regulations.

My point is, that a cop can make an accusation stick, with no evidence. Word against word. That's just immoral.
That sort of power corrupts. There are many, many examples of cops lying on the stand.
I know many on this forum were, or are, LEO of some sort. I would be willing to bet that most know, or know of, a cop that made a questionable bust, and lied to make it stick. I know several.

What I'm saying is that cops are not always right. There sure seems to be a cheering section that is willing to believe they are, in spite of evidence to the contrary.

So you know several cops personally that continuously lie to bust innocent people? Please explain how you know all this.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you know several cops personally that continuously lie to bust innocent people? Please explain how you know all this.

Yeah, I've spent many years interacting with police, sometimes on a close level professionally, and I can't say I've ever heard one admit to such a thing. I won't say it hasn't happened, but I've never experienced that. I will admit, I probably have a bit of a bias, as I have had generally good interactions with the vast majority of police officers, both personally and professionally. A few less than stellar incidents, but not many, and certainly nothing that makes me want to paint the entire profession negatively with a broad brush.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew one LEO that was a dishonest prick. He was the undersheriff. I watched as he took an unopened bottle from a guy's car, open it pour a little out and arrest the guy for open container. He was not the undersheriff after that. The driver was so drunk he didn't remember if he had opened it or not. Anyway, the charge was dropped.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reread my post.

I said nothing of the kind.

Show where I stated that I personally knew several cops that continuously lie to bust innocent people.
There is nothing in my post containing those words, or that sentiment.

This is the smokescreen I expect when this subject comes up.

The ranks close, and testimony is fabricated. Just what happened here.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reread my post.

I said nothing of the kind.

Show where I stated that I personally knew several cops that continuously lie to bust innocent people.
There is nothing in my stated that.

This is the smokescreen I expect when this subject comes up.

The ranks close, and testimony is fabricated. Just what happened here.

It's not a smokescreen. It was rhetorical because I knew the answer. I really don't think you have much proof of anything outside of some sort of emotion out of a traffic stop incident. IN which that "testimony fabrication" can go both ways from what I've seen.

Most people have no issues with LE, Most LE are good people AND it seems most understand this. Are there some bad apples? Sure. Here we have some guys that made some assumptions based on what they were told. Seems to be incorrect information for sure. It seems most are probably just understanding it's an unfortunate situation and respecting the situation. Here's the fun part, you somehow stretch this to provide a double standard, talking about "smokesceeens," "lying on the stand," "questionable busts," again of which, you provide no real proof outside of some minor traffic stop. But that doesn't matter, I didn't see where any LE officer spoke up blamed the individual. Yet here you are talking about how this situation is some grand conspiracy on the part of OSA.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not a smokescreen. It was rhetorical because I knew the answer. I really don't think you have much proof of anything outside of some sort of emotion out of a traffic stop incident. IN which that "testimony fabrication" can go both ways from what I've seen.

Most people have no issues with LE, Most LE are good people AND it seems most understand this. Are there some bad apples? Sure. Here we have some guys that made some assumptions based on what they were told. Seems to be incorrect information for sure. It seems most are probably just understanding it's an unfortunate situation and respecting the situation. Here's the fun part, you somehow stretch this to provide a double standard, talking about "smokesceeens," "lying on the stand," "questionable busts," again of which, you provide no real proof outside of some minor traffic stop. But that doesn't matter, I didn't see where any LE officer spoke up blamed the individual. Yet here you are talking about how this situation is some grand conspiracy on the part of OSA.
I knew one LEO that was a dishonest prick. He was the undersheriff. I watched as he took an unopened bottle from a guy's car, open it pour a little out and arrest the guy for open container. He was not the undersheriff after that. The driver was so drunk he didn't remember if he had opened it or not. Anyway, the charge was dropped.

How's that ?

Didn't come from me. Crooked cop, bad bust. Tried to cover it up.

That cop was no fool. Undersheriff, no less.

wouldn't have tried it if he didn't think he could get away with it.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

How many times have you been arrested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't let your alligator overload your hummingbird....

We still do not really know what happened. One comment on here and you have convicted the cop. Maybe right, maybe not.
Page 4 of the Oklahoman today.

SUV driver found not at fault. Legally pulled over on the shoulder.
Cop was driving on the shoulder. Had 3 lanes clear in front of him, and hit a legally parked car on the shoulder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom