2012 Trail cam pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes and no. I have 6.5 acres and the back 2.5 are wooded and very thick, but once upon a time before we owned it the previous owner had hogs back there and used wooden pallets to keep them in. I have been hauling them out one at a time as I check my camera. Just don't want to spend too much time back there without a bow in my hand.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm hi-jacking this thread for a moment. I think it was in here someone mentioned, but maybe another thread. Somewhere ya'll have been talking about going to a grain co-op to get corn. Where is the nearest place to OKC to get it, and what is it I ask for... sweet corn? is that right?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm hi-jacking this thread for a moment. I think it was in here someone mentioned, but maybe another thread. Somewhere ya'll have been talking about going to a grain co-op to get corn. Where is the nearest place to OKC to get it, and what is it I ask for... sweet corn? is that right?

Not sure where your closest COOP is but you want to ask for bulk corn. You'll need a container to put it in such as a stock tank or something like that, and then something to unload it in or unload it with. Some guys throw a giant tarp in the bed of their truck and filler up, then unload into smaller containers when they get home. Used 275gal herbicide crates are great, just flap the top on three sides, that's what I use and unload them from the back of the truck with a tractor, they'll hold 1500lbs of corn.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure where your closest COOP is but you want to ask for bulk corn. You'll need a container to put it in such as a stock tank or something like that, and then something to unload it in or unload it with. Some guys throw a giant tarp in the bed of their truck and filler up, then unload into smaller containers when they get home. Used 275gal herbicide crates are great, just flap the top on three sides, that's what I use and unload them from the back of the truck with a tractor, they'll hold 1500lbs of corn.

I'm in south OKC but work near penn square.. I don't mind a bit of a drive if it is cost effective How much does it run for say, 1000 lbs? I tried to "go ahead and google it up" but didn't come up with anything productive.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Try some of these that are close to you on this link. Looks as if not all of them are grain elevators/COOP's, which is what you are wanting. Ask for bulk corn and they'll tell you if they have it or not and how much. They're going to sell it to you by the hundred weight/pounds, I'm not sure what that is right now, prob $20 ball park I'm guessing but could be way off. Looks like it closed at $8 today per bushel( 55/56lbs for corn), which would be $16 per hundred but that doesn't include the COOP's take.

http://www.shawneemilling.com/feed/oklahoma.html

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try some of these that are close to you on this link. Looks as if not all of them are grain elevators/COOP's, which is what you are wanting. Ask for bulk corn and they'll tell you if they have it or not and how much. They're going to sell it to you by the hundred weight/pounds, I'm not sure what that is right now, prob $20 ball park I'm guessing but could be way off. Looks like it closed at $8 today per bushel( 55/56lbs for corn), which would be $16 per hundred but that doesn't include the COOP's take.

http://www.shawneemilling.com/feed/oklahoma.html

So, unless my math is way off or I misunderstood, assuming it is $20 for 100 lbs, that is 20 cents a pound. For the 40 lb bag at Atwoods which was $9, that is 22.5 cents a pound. For 1000 lbs, I'd save $25. Unless I find someplace close I think I will just stick with the deer corn at the stores. Convenience has a price it would seem.

Thanks so much for the help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom