2021 Deer Chatter/Pics/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the first chasing this evening. This guy was in front of me for 30 minutes, nosing a doe and chasing her around the field. When a little fork came in, he chased him off.

I had him as close as 26 yds but chose to pass on him. Mainly because I’m hoping to get a shot at the bigger one, but also because my 15 year old daughter has been wanting this one. Had she been here tonight, I have no doubt she would have connected with the crossbow. She has a softball tournament this weekend so hopefully she will see him on Monday and take him with the muzzleloader.
7ABD8672-5A90-4587-BB93-68C62109F968.jpeg
FAD24E2C-240A-4C50-8AC1-54C0EA50EE2C.jpeg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Lopsided" stepped into an opening at 30 yards this morning at 7:47. I made some noise when rushing to get ready and he stopped. His body was behind the tree, but his head was fully visible and he was trying to stare me down. After what seemed like forever being frozen he turned his head back down the trail and quickly took 3 more steps. My movement to get in shooting position caught his attention and he paused again, slightly quartered to me 30 yards away. I knew I had to be behind the shoulder, but tucked in close to try and get both lungs. My tracking experience has proven a shoulder hit with archery is not good. I use a Slick Trick Magnum 4 blade fixed and its laser point accuracy hit its mark with a beautiful thump sound. Within a few feet the buck was out of sight, but not out of hearing distance. Within seconds of the shot, I could hear the beast gasp for his last breath and collapse on the forest floor. I forced myself to stay in the tree for 30 minutes as giving the animal time is crucial with archery equipment and I needed some time to wind down. I wouldn't hesitate to give an archery deer longer, but I knew where I hit and what I heard in the moments after. I could also see the buck through the trees once I put feet on the ground.
20211020_083824.jpg

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Lopsided" stepped into an opening at 30 yards this morning at 7:47. I made some noise when rushing to get ready and he stopped. His body was behind the tree, but his head was fully visible and he was trying to stare me down. After what seemed like forever being frozen he turned his head back down the trail and quickly took 3 more steps. My movement to get in shooting position caught his attention and he paused again, slightly quartered to me 30 yards away. I knew I had to be behind the shoulder, but tucked in close to try and get both lungs. My tracking experience has proven a shoulder hit with archery is not good. I use a Slick Trick Magnum 4 blade fixed and its laser point accuracy hit its mark with a beautiful thump sound. Within a few feet the buck was out of sight, but not out of hearing distance. Within seconds of the shot, I could hear the beast gasp for his last breath and collapse on the forest floor. I forced myself to stay in the tree for 30 minutes as giving the animal time is crucial with archery equipment and I needed some time to wind down. I wouldn't hesitate to give an archery deer longer, but I knew where I hit and what I heard in the moments after. I could also see the buck through the trees once I put feet on the ground.View attachment 229622
Hell Ya! Congrats Bassin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom