2WD or 4x4??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After you own a Jeep and get up "ON TOP" of the snow you will never look at this equation the same again. Sure there are plenty of things that will get you around in bad weather but saying a 2WD beats a 4WD on anything but dry pavement is laughable.

My Mustang SUCKS on ice/snow. LOL

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do so love these threads. Think I'll just keep my lil Jeep Wrangler though. It sucks for fuel mileage, rough as hell to ride in, Can't hear yourself think over the rag top and tire noise on the highway, can't haul much more than the groceries and maybe a couple rifles. It's ugly and only has room for one passenger and my dog when I hook the boat to it. On the upside I go where I want with it but to be honest, if it looks like I may have trouble getting through something , I usually find I don't really want to go there anyway and I try to always kick in the 4WD BEFORE I think I need it.

As for the mud, I try to stay out of as much as I can, I know who has to clean up the aftermath of all the hootin and hollerin once I get to the otehr side. Those damn tires sling mud in places you wouldn't ever imagine mud could get to and I love the lil beast for all it's flaws.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
After you own a Jeep and get up "ON TOP" of the snow you will never look at this equation the same again. Sure there are plenty of things that will get you around in bad weather but saying a 2WD beats a 4WD on anything but dry pavement is laughable.

My Mustang SUCKS on ice/snow. LOL

Your 4wd Jeep can't go anywhere my rwd BMW with summer tires can't go.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tires make a huge difference..BF Goodrich Mud terrains is what I chose for off road in my 2wd.
Other tires got me stuck when I went places i should not go.

I have seen 4x4 trucks with 1 front tire spinning and 1 rear tire spinning and the other 2 tires not moving at all.
That is a bad set up for 4 wheel drive for off road use.. you basically have an inferior 2 wd then.

My ford Van had a tight posi track 9" and it would go some places.
Wish i still had it sometimes.. if i did i would head to a farm and take the challenge.. Ain't skeered to get em stuck.
van.jpg
van2.jpg
van3.jpg

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tires make a huge difference..BF Goodrich Mud terrains is what I chose for off road in my 2wd.
Other tires got me stuck when I went places i should not go.

I have seen 4x4 trucks with 1 front tire spinning and 1 rear tire spinning and the other 2 tires not moving at all.
That is a bad set up for 4 wheel drive for off road use.. you basically have an inferior 2 wd then.

My ford Van had a tight posi track 9" and it would go some places.
Wish i still had it sometimes.. if i did i would head to a farm and take the challenge.. Ain't skeered to get em stuck.
file:///C:/Users/bev/Downloads/van.html

file:///C:/Users/bev/Downloads/van3.html

file:///C:/Users/bev/Downloads/van2.html

Bev, your HTML is showing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom