.357 SIG or .45 ACP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting another handgun, and I am trying to decide between a .357SIG or a .45ACP. I am looking at Glock as my choice since I carried Glock during my law enforcement tour of duty. What say you?

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always thought about the 357, but I have also always been partial to the 45. My Leo buddy always tells me the 45 is a better round, but I have no real world example to back it up. I carry the G21 and am very happy with it.

Sent from my Jeep using smoke signals.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what i understand the 357 sig round is more a reloaders round and more difficult to find and rather pricey, again this is my understanding so don't jump me too bad haha

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My vote goes to the .45. While I have owned a Glock barrel for the model 22 that I had in .357 sig, and did enjoy shooting it, the cost and availability of the ammo was too much for me to make it feasible. It is a snappy round that was very accurate, but as I stated, the feasibility just wasn't there for me. .45 acp: good accuracy, powerful enough, and readily available.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure and shoot a .357 Sig in your desired barrel length. I found the round to be extraordinarily loud and quite snappy.
There is much debate on .357 Sig vs 9mm +P/+P+.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love them both. The .357 Sig is one of the most accurate handgun rounds I've ever shot. Sure, it's freaking loud, but it's a tack driver. I didn't find the recoil from my G31 to be bad at all.

The only downside of .357 Sig is the price and availability of the ammo.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you held them both? Most people I've met aren't big fans to the larger frame Glocks. You can get a 21 SF, but it's still a little larger. Make sure the frame size isn't an issue for you before you get hung up on caliber.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting another handgun, and I am trying to decide between a .357SIG or a .45ACP. I am looking at Glock as my choice since I carried Glock during my law enforcement tour of duty. What say you?

How much does ammo availability and cost impact your decision?

Is it just a question of ballistic performance?

Latest posts

Top Bottom